Ugandan citizens who wish to travel to Ethiopia for tourism purposes are not required to go to the nearest Ethiopian embassy to obtain a consular visa. As a Ugandan, you qualify for an electronic visa, meaning that you can apply for one online. iVisa provides a short and smooth application process so that you can acquire the travel document in just 24 hours. Nevertheless, you should know that the Ethiopia e-visa can only be used if you enter the country via the Addis Ababa Bole International Airport. If you choose a different point of entry, you must obtain a consular visa after all.
The Ethiopia Visa requirements for Ugandan citizens are the same as for everyone else. You should not go through too much trouble gathering everything necessary for the process, and chances are that you already have some of the documents that are required. The list below contains what you need for a successful application:
- Valid passport – you cannot apply for an Ethiopia e-visa unless you hold a valid passport. Plus, the document has to remain valid for at least another 6 months from the day you intend to cross the Ethiopian border.
- A scan of your passport’s bio page – you will be required to upload it when you fill in the form.
- A digital passport photo – when it comes to your picture, make sure that it is taken recently and follows all the other guidelines for a valid passport photo.
- E-mail address – since the entire application process happens online, you will receive your e-visa via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print out at least one physical copy.
- Means of payment – when it comes to paying for services, iVisa is versatile. You can make the payment using your credit or debit card, but you can also use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat.
The next thing you are required to do is to fill in the application form. The task is not difficult, but if you need assistance, contact iVisa’s customer support for help. The service is at your disposal 24/7 and free of charge.
The form you have to fill in consists of three steps. The first one asks for your personal information, but this is also the moment when you have to choose a processing time for your application and a validity period for your Ethiopia visa. Remember that both choices affect the cost of your travel document. As far as the processing time is concerned, you are given three options:
- Standard processing – this may be the slowest available option, but it is the cheapest as well. Your application is processed within 3 business days, and the cost is $87.
- Rush processing – this time, things move a little bit faster. You receive your Ethiopia visa within 2 business days, but the fee goes a little bit higher. You must pay $117.
- Super Rush processing – if you want your e-visa as soon as possible, you can choose this option. Your application is processed within 1 business day, but you are charged $152.
When it comes to validity, bear in mind that the prices above apply for the 30-day Ethiopia visa. You have a choice of picking a document that is valid for 90 days, but the cost goes higher with $20 for each processing time.
The second step asks that you take care of the payment and review your form, while the third wants you to upload a few documents. When you are finished, submit your application and your efforts end here. iVisa will take care of the rest.
As you can see, the Ethiopia Visa requirements for Ugandan citizens are easy to acquire, and you should be able to do it in a short while.