If you are a Tanzanian citizen, requesting a tourist visa for Ethiopia is really easy through the iVisa website. You no longer need to visit the embassy to obtain a visa. Instead, simply check your eligibility through iVisa’s Visa Checker. Once you find out that you are eligible, you can go ahead and apply for your electronic visa (or eVisa) right there on there on the website.
To obtain an eVisa, you need to complete an application with all of the following required documents:
- A digital copy of your valid passport. Keep in mind that it has to be valid for at least 6 months after the day you are going to enter the country. There must be at least 2 blank pages in the passport, and the copy must include the information page.
- A passport-sized digital photo that was taken in the last 6 months.
- A residence permit will be required if the country you apply from differs from your country of your origin. A visa sticker in your passport or a written document, such as a letter, will suffice.
- A valid email address. Your eVisa and additional information regarding the application process will be sent there. The eVisa will be attached to your passport electronically. All you need to do is show your passport and received document when entering the country.
- A debit or credit card or PayPal account to complete your processing payment online.
The application process consists of three simple steps, and if you need help, you can always contact iVisa’s customer center for assistance. Filling out the form should take no more than 20 minutes. Let’s have a look at the process.
First, you have to provide all of your general information and choose what type of visa you want and the processing time. The type of visa determines the number of days you can spend in Ethiopia. The standard visa is valid for 30 days, but for an additional $20 fee, you can apply for a visa of up to 90 days.
Processing options for a 30-day eVisa are as follows (for a 90-day eVisa, add $20):
- Standard: 3 business days; costs $87
- Rush: 2 business days; costs $117
- Super Rush: 1 business day; costs $152
Second, check that all of your personal information is correct, double-check the spelling of everything, and make your payment. iVisa accepts all major debit and credit cards and PayPal.
Finally, upload all of the required documents listed above.
eVisas are single-entry issuances for the purposes of tourism and family visits only. The access point for travelers with an eVisa is the Addis Ababa Bole International Airport. All other points of entry will require a consular Visa.