Learn More: eVisa
Since June 2018, nationals of all countries are eligible for an Ethiopian online visa (e-Visa). By applying, travelers are no longer obligated to visit a consulate and apply in-person. You can submit all the required documentation and fee payment online. This streamlined system cut out the time wasted waiting in lines at the embassy and at the border.
The Ethiopia Tourist e-Visa is an official document issued electronically by the Main Department of Immigration and Nationality Affairs. Applicants will receive their visas via email after filling out the application form with the necessary information, and once their payment is verified.
Required Documents to Apply
Passport Personal Details Scan
Last Page of Passport (if applicable)
The validity of an Ethiopian e-Visa starts from the date you intend to enter Ethiopia, not from the date of issue.
You need to have an ordinary passport with at least 6 months of validity from the date you intend to enter Ethiopia.
Travelers who apply for a tourist visa must have their passport/residence permit valid for at least six months from the planned date of entry.
Applicants who claim that to have a permanent residence permit in one of the eligible countries must upload the valid residence permit document.
The e-Visa is for tourism and family visits to Ethiopia only (no work or business activities are allowed).
You can use this type of visa ONLY if you plan to arrive by airplane to Addis Ababa Bole International Airport (at the moment, the e-Visa is not valid at any other border posts).
IMPORTANT: If you apply from a country other than the country of your nationality (for example, you are Canadian, but apply from the US), then you will be required to show your residence permit when you arrive in Ethiopia – this can be a letter or visa sticker in your passport.
Our customers have great stories about us
Frequently Asked Questions
We require the following to submit your application:
Applicant Photo Passport Personal Details Scan Last Page of Passport (if applicable)
Passport Personal Details Scan
Last Page of Passport (if applicable)
HOW TO TAKE THE PERFECT PHOTO FOR YOUR VISA:
HOW TO TAKE THE PERFECT PHOTO OF THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS:
- Standard Processing: 3 Business Days
- Rush Processing: 2 Business Days
- Super Rush Processing: 12 hours
Unlike many other visas that start their validity from the date they’re issued, the Ethiopian e-Visa's validity starts from when you intend to enter the country. So your e-Visa will be valid for 30 days after arrival or 90 days after arrival in Ethiopia, depending on the e-Visa type you choose.
NOTE: The validity period is different from the duration of stay, which is 30 days in Total or 90 days in Total. Duration of stay CANNOT exceed the validity period of the visa. For example, if you change your plans after the visa is issued and your arrival date is 10 days later than what is on the e-Visa, your validity is 20 or 80 days. Thus, the maximum duration of your stay is 20 or 80 days.
NOTE: The validity period is different than the duration of stay which is 30 days in Total or 90 days in Total. Duration of stay CANNOT exceed the validity period of the visa. For example, if you change your plans after the visa is issued and your arrival date is 10 days later than what is on the e-Visa, your validity is 20 or 80 days. Thus, the maximum duration of your stay is 20 or 80 days.
If traveling with children, make sure you are in possession of a valid birth certificate and/or adoption certificate, as appropriate, to avoid last-minute inconvenience.
Keep in mind that the rules are valid for all children whether they are biological, adopted or just traveling together.
Yellow Fever vaccine is required if traveling from a country with risk of yellow fever transmission.
More information in the following link:
- Ethiopia visa for Canadian citizens
- Can I apply for an Ethiopia Visa Extension?
- What is the process to get the Ethiopia 14 day quarantine requirement?
- Ethiopia visa for Polish
- Ethiopia visa for Swedish
- Ethiopia visa fee
- Ethiopia visa application form
- Visa Electrónica de Negocios de Etiopía para Mexicanos
- Ethiopia Visa for the citizens of Nigeria
- Ethiopia visa for Italian
- ETHIOPIA VISA FOR INDIAN CITIZENS
- Ethiopia evisa – Because the future is now
- ETHIOPIA VISA FOR SOUTH KOREAN
- Ethiopia visa for Chinese
- ETHIOPIA VISA FOR GREEK
- Ethiopia visa for Brazilian
- Ethiopia visa for Australian
- ETHIOPIA VISA FOR THE CITIZENS OF GHANA
- ETHIOPIA VISA FOR SPANISH
- ETHIOPIA VISA FOR KUWAITI
- ETHIOPIA VISA FOR FILIPINO CITIZENS
- ETHIOPIA VISA REQUIREMENTS FOR UGANDA CITIZENS
- ETHIOPIA VISA REQUIREMENTS FOR PAKISTANI CITIZENS
- ETHIOPIA VISA FOR UK CITIZENS
- ETHIOPIA VISA FOR THE CITIZENS OF SAUDI ARABIA
- ETHIOPIA VISA FOR THE CITIZENS OF YEMEN
- Ethiopia visa for Portuguese
- ETHIOPIA VISA FOR TANZANIAN CITIZENS
- ETHIOPIA VISA FOR THE CITIZENS OF MALAYSIA
- How to get your Ethiopia visa
- ETHOPIA VISA FOR SOMALI CITIZENS
- Ethiopia Visa for Sudanese citizens
- Ethiopia visa for Israeli
- Ethiopia Visa for Jordanian citizens
- Ethiopia Visa for Lebanese citizens
- Ethiopia Visa for Turkish citizens
- Ethiopia Visa for Vietnamese citizens
- Ethiopian Visa for Moroccan Citizens
- Ethiopian Visa for German Citizens
- Ethiopian Visa for Lebanese Nationals
- Ethiopian Visa for Sri Lanka Citizens
- Ethiopian Visa for Tanzanian Citizens
- Ethiopia visa for Luxembourgish
- Ethiopia visa for Macanese
- Ethiopian Visa for Yemeni Citizens
- Ethiopia visa for Mexican
- Ethiopia visa for New Zealander
- Ethiopia visa for North Korean
- Ethiopia visa for Norwegians
- Ethiopia visa for Russian
- Ethiopia visa for Slovak
- Ethiopian Visa for Malaysian Citizens
- Ethiopian Visa for Zimbabwean Citizens
- Ethiopian Visa for Tunisian Citizens
- Ethiopia visa for Swiss
- Ethiopian Visa for Zambian Citizens
- Ethiopia visa for Thai
- Ethiopia Visa for Indonesian citizens
- Ethiopia Visa for the citizens of Germany
- Ethiopia Visa for the citizens of Hong Kong
- Ethiopia Visa for the citizens of Morocco
- Ethiopia Visa for the citizens of Myanmar
- Ethiopia Visa for the citizens of Qatar
- Ethiopia Visa for the citizens of Singapore
- Ethiopia Visa for the citizens of Sri Lanka
- Ethiopia Visa for the citizens of Tunisia
- Ethiopia Visa for the citizens of Zambia
- Ethiopia Visa for the citizens of Zimbabwe
- Ethiopia visa for Argentine
- Ethiopia visa for Austrian
- Ethiopian Visa for Chinese Citizens of Hong Kong
- Ethiopia visa for Danish
- Ethiopia visa for Dutch
- Ethiopia visa for Finnish
- Ethiopia visa for Irish citizens
- Ethiopian Visa for citizens of Singapore
- Ethiopia visa for Japanese
- Ethiopia visa for South Africa citizens
- ETHIOPIA VISA FOR US CITIZENS
- ETHIOPIA VISA REQUIREMENTS
- Ethiopian Visa for Myanmar Citizens
- Ethiopian Visa for Qatari Citizens
- Ethiopian Visa for Ghana Nationals
- Ethiopia visa for Belgian
- Ethiopia visa for Czech
- Ethiopia visa for French
- Select the country to which you are requesting the visa
- Select the type of visa and read the instructions carefully.
- Select Apply Now
- Fill in the application form
- Pay using a Visa Card, Mastercard or other debit card.
- Await approval via email, then download and print the e-Visa from your account.
- Present your printed e-Visa to the immigration officer at the port of entry.
We know that our applicants can come across unexpected changes in their travel plans that may prevent them from traveling and therefore getting their visa. This is why we understand you may want to request a cancellation of your visa application and a credit for the amount paid. However, we will only approve the refund/credit if it follows our Refund policy guideline:
- If your application has not been reviewed by our team, nor submitted to the government for approval, then you will receive a credit for the full amount of the iVisa processing fee and government fee(visa cost).
- If your application has been reviewed by our team but has not yet been submitted to the government for approval, you will receive a credit for the full amount of the government fee (visa cost).
- If your application has been submitted to the government for approval or a visa is already issued, unfortunately, no credit is available.
Our policy also applies to these circumstances:
- If we make a mistake on your application, a 100% refund of the iVisa processing fee will be issued and we will process your visa again at no cost.
- If you purchase rush or super rush processing additional fee and we do not deliver the travel document within the agreed timeframe, you will receive a credit for the iVisa rush or super rush processing fee.
- If you miss your trip because iVisa does not deliver the travel document within the agreed timeframe, you will receive a full cash refund for the government fee and iVisa processing fee.
- The exception to the clause above is if the government is the cause of the delay or your arrival date was sooner than our super rush processing time. In such case, you will receive a credit for the iVisa processing fee.
If for any reason, you are not satisfied with our services, please feel free to contact us. Under reasonable circumstances, we will grant a credit of the iVisa processing fee to be used for a future order.
Because you simply deserve to get the most from your travel experience.
Now more than ever, the process of traveling has become a bit more complicated than what it used to be. As countries keep changing their regulations, paperwork keeps growing, and so do everyone’s stress levels.
For now, travel might feel different in several ways. People can expect to explore a world of face masks, social distancing, closed businesses, and 14-day quarantines.
Even so, iVisa.com firmly believes that traveling is one of the top ways to improve on personal and professional levels. Traveling makes you step out of your comfort zone and develop a sense of independence that will ultimately reflect on your decisions and the way you look at life in general. Traveling is indeed a form of education that can’t be learned by watching television or reading a book. It teaches important lessons and insights regarding cultures and traditions, touching the realms of history, economics, and geography and exposing you to different lifestyles and worldviews from your own. For life’s real education always happens outside your own four walls.
If you’re planning to travel soon, you’ve probably googled whether borders are open, which papers you need to present, and where you have to go to obtain that inescapable travel document. Whether it’s an electronic visa or health declaration, your travel date is coming, and you still don’t know when you’ll spare the time to complete those lengthy steps and be done with the whole process.
As a multicultural visa expert team, we understand how frustrating this is, especially when you’re trying to plan the trip of your dreams, choosing a hotel that you can afford to make ends meet, prepare reachable trip goals, and list the places you could realistically visit this year just to stay inspired.
Sometimes too much paperwork becomes an obstacle to the realization of your dreams, and that’s where we come in.
We want you to go out and buy that plane ticket, so everything else turns out to be an incredible adventure. Just don’t overthink it and let us take care of the rest. No busy lines at the airport, no queues at the embassy. Just a five-minute questionnaire that you can fill out from the comfort of your own home or anywhere in the world.
Your time is priceless, and so are the experiences you’re able to create when there’s enough of it. The reason to choose iVisa.com to process your travel document rests on that, but also on safety, speed, and simplicity.
Our tourist-friendly application process is fast and easy to fill out, making dealing with foreign governments a breeze. Clear instructions guide you every step of the way, and our team of immigration experts thoroughly reviews all documents before submitting them to the corresponding authorities.
Should you have any questions or doubts, both our call and message centers are ready to help you 24/7, so you can fully enjoy your trip and forget about the worries and frustrations of applying for a visa.
Depending on how quickly you need your travel document, you can select one of three processing options. However, some documents are available within hours, depending on the requirements. We will let you know right away if there are any issues with your application that require you to provide or adjust any further information, so we can issue your travel document as soon as possible.
When it comes to safety, we maintain the highest standards. Our top-notch data centers and innovative methods to secure our customer accounts and information mean you never have to worry about your sensitive information getting lost or falling into the wrong hands.
Our years of experience at processing travel documents have translated into thousands of positive reviews from satisfied users all over the globe, making iVisa.com one of the most trusted independent travel agencies for helping you obtain the travel documents you need to make your trip a success. So, why pay iVisa.com to process your travel documents then? To understand why time, distance, and valuable experiences are the secret ingredients of a more fulfilling life, which cannot be attained by sitting at home.
Experiences define you. It is from experiences that you learn and change. Traveling will provide you with plenty that will open your mind and help you adapt to any situation.
Make the most out of your time and turn it into travel experiences by processing your electronic documents with iVisa.com. You won’t regret it.