The Republic of Gabon is a tropical country located in the western part of the African continent. The capital of the city is Libreville and that is where you can find the main airport, Leon Mba International Airport.
All tourists are required to apply for a visa before entering Gabon. On the 15th of June, 2015 the Republic of Gabon introduced the electronic visa (e-Visa) service with the aim of facilitating ease of entry into the country and boosting trade and tourism. You may apply for the Gabon e-Visa online without the need to visit an embassy or consular office. Please note, that at the moment electronic visas are only valid for entry into Gabon via the main airport Leon Mba International Airport.
You may fill in the application online without the need to print or fill in forms by hand. The electronic visa system allows you to apply for Gabon e-Visa at the comfort of your own computer and home. The form can be filled online using the iVisa application system at any time of the day. Some passports are exempted and do not need to apply for a visa before traveling. Citizens of certain countries may travel to Gabon without a prior visa application and apply for a tourist visa at the airport. If you have a passport from any of these countries, you may travel to Gabon without a prior travel authorization:
- All European Union citizens
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- South Korea
- United Arab Emirates
- United States
All other citizens need to apply for an e-Visa before they travel to Gabon.
Gabon e-Visa application for other citizens
The Gabon e-Visa can be applied at iVisa by following these five easy steps if you cannot apply for a visa on spot upon arrival.
- Step 1: Choose your country of citizenship
- Step 2: Select the e-Visa of your choice (single or multiple)
- Step 3: Fill in the application
- Step 4: Attach all required and necessary documents.
- Step 5: Submit your application Processing options for an e-Visa at iVisa are as follows:
- Standard: 7 business days; processing fee $20
- Rush: 6 business days; processing fee $35
- Super Rush: 4 business days; processing fee $55 Please note that the e-Visa takes a minimum of 72 hours to process by the government of Gabon. The applicant is NOT allowed to travel before receiving an electronic travel authorization (ETA) receipt or the date specified on the application. Individuals that do not abide by the rules will be turned back upon arrival with respect and by following Gabonese immigration laws and at their own expense.
Some e-Visas can be extended by going to the Générale à la Documentation et l’Immigration in Libreville. A visa for 3 or 6 months cannot be extended. While a visa of 1 month may be extended for 2 months and a visa for 2 months may be extended for one additional month. Please note, that iVisa or your government cannot intervene in case you are refused a visa to Gabon.