As of June 15 2015, the Government of Gabon implemented the long-awaited electronic visa with the aim of facilitating ease of movement in and out of the country, boosting tourism and trade. Kuwait nationals are eligible to apply for a Gabonese e-Visa on the premise that there for tourism, friends, and family visit. The e-Visa service eliminates the need to schedule visits to an embassy or consulate, hassle, and costs associated with obtaining a visa thus proving very efficient. The e-Visa is only valid for those arriving into Gabon via the main airport Leon Mba International Airport in Libreville, the capital.
- An original signed copy of your Kuwait passport containing two blank pages with at least 6 months validity from the date of entry into Gabon.
- A color scan of your passport biography page including the signature page.
- A complete and correct visa application form. All the information presented must be up to date and must match the data on your passport.
- A recent digital passport size photo, in color and taken within the last 6 months or less. The picture should meet the specification of 35 by 45mm, has neither overexposure nor underexposure and properly balanced without shadow on the face or in the background.
The process of getting a Gabon e-Visa is quite simple and straightforward. Head onto the iVisa website after reading through the information you can then begin with your application. In addition, you can access the “Visa Calculator Tool” by inputting your origin, a number of applications, desired processing time period. Which in turn yields the cost of the iVisa service fee.
- Step 1: Select the E-visa of your choice (single or multiple)
- Step 2: Fill in the application
- Step 3: Attach all required and necessary documents.
- Step 4: Submit your application by completing the service fee payment.
The Visa cost is outlined on the Immigration Gabon website. For a Single entry up to 90 days; 70 EUR or 45000 XAF. While a multiple entry e-Visa up to 180days costs 185 EUR or 120000 XAF. While the iVisa service fee depends on the time frame of processing your visa. A rush fee is applied for faster processing.
iVisa Processing fee
- 7 business days costs 20 USD
- 6 business days costs 20 USD plus a rush fee of 15 USD
- 4 business days costs 20 USD plus a rush fee of 35 USD
The e-Visa can be extended once in Gabon by going to the Générale à la Documentation et l’Immigration in Libreville, Gabon. A visa for 3 or 6 months cannot be extended. While a visa of 1 month may be extended for 2 months and a visa for 2 months for one additional month.
Unlike the typical e-Visa with which you would typically receive electronically via email the Gabonese e-Visa is issued by the Générale à la Documentation et l’Immigration upon arrival at the Leon Mba Int’l Airport. Please make sure that you have the appropriate currency to be paid at the delivery of your visa sticker upon immigration and customs desk. Gabon is a Cash-based economy, and it is not guaranteed that you will have access to an ATM or money at the Leon Mba Airport.