Entry into Gabon is subject to a visa requirement. On the 15th of June, 2015 the republic of Gabon introduced the electronic visa (e-Visa) service scheme with the goal of facilitating ease of entry into the country and boosting trade and tourism. Individuals holding a valid Oman passport are eligible to apply for a Gabonese e-Visa for a period of 180 days or less for tourism, friends and family purposes. The e-Visa is only available and valid for entry into Gabon via the main airport Leon Mba International Airport in Libreville.
- An original signed copy of your Oman passport containing two blank pages with at least 6 months validity from the date of entry into Gabon.
- A color scan of your passport biography page including the signature page.
- A complete and correct visa application form. All the information presented must be up to date and must match the data on your passport.
- A recent digital passport size photo, in color and taken within the last 6 months or less. The picture should meet the specification of 35 by 45mm, has neither overexposure nor underexposure and properly balanced without shadow on the face or in the background.
The process of getting a Gabon e-Visa is quite simple, straightforward. Simply head onto the iVisa website after reading through the information you can then begin your application. In addition, you can access our “iVisa Calculator Tool” by inputting your origin, in this case, Indonesia, the number of applications and desired processing time period (7, 6 or 4 Business days) Which in turn yields the cost of the iVisa service fee listed down below.
- Step 1: Select the E-visa of your choice (single or multiple)
- Step 2: Fill in the application
- Step 3: Attach all required and necessary documents.
- Step 4: Submit your application by completing the service fee payment.
The cost for an E-visa is outlined on the official Immigration Gabon website. For a Single entry up to 90 days, the e-Visa costs 70 EUR or 45000 XAF. For a Multiple entry up to 180days; 185 EUR or 120000 XAF. Payment is due upon arrival in cash at the delivery of the e-Visa sticker. Gabon is largely a cash-based economy. Ensure you have enough currency, as there is no guarantee that you will have access to money while inside the airport.
While the iVisa service fee depends on the desired time frame of processing your visa. For single entry Visa processed in:
- 7 business days costs 20 USD
- 6 business days costs 20 USD plus a rush fee of 15 USD
- 4 business days costs 20 USD plus a rush fee of 35 USD
The e-Visa can be extended by going to the Générale à la Documentation et l’Immigration in Libreville, Gabon. A visa for 3 or 6 months cannot be extended. While a visa of 1 month may be extended for 2 months and a visa for 2 months may be extended for one additional month.
Please be advised that the Oman government cannot intervene in the event that you do not meet the visa entry or exit requirements. The Gabonese government reserves the authority and right of refusal to enter its territories without being obligated to provide reason(s).