Entry into the Republic of Gabon is subject to a visa. As of June 15, 2015 individuals holding Dutch passports are eligible to apply for Gabonese electronic visa for tourism, family and friends visit. Streamlining of the entire visa process meant that individuals wanting to visit the Republic of Gabon could now apply for visas without the need of visiting an embassy or consulate and scheduling of visa appointments making the visa process hassle free and time and cost efficient. The Gabonese e-Visa is only valid for those arriving into Gabon via the main airport Leon Mba International Airport in Libreville. Entry into Gabon via any other means or port of entry renders the e-Visa invalid.
- An original signed copy of your “Dutch” passport containing two blank pages with at least 6 months validity from the date of entry into Gabon.
- A color scan of your passport biography page including the signature page.
- A complete and correct visa application form. All the information presented must be up to date and must match the data on your passport.
- A recent digital passport size photo, in color and taken within the last 6 months or less. The picture should meet the specification of 35 by 45mm, has neither overexposure nor underexposure and properly balanced without shadow on the face or in the background.
The process of getting a Gabon e-Visa is quite simple and straightforward. Head onto the iVisa website after reading through the information you can then begin with your application. In addition, you can access the “Visa Calculator Tool” by inputting your origin, a number of applications, desired processing time period. Which in turn yields the cost of the iVisa service fee.
- Step 1: Select the E-visa of your choice (single or multiple)
- Step 2: Fill in the application
- Step 3: Attach all required and necessary documents.
- Step 4: Submit your application by completing the service fee payment.
The Visa cost is outlined on the Immigration Gabon website. For a Single entry up to 90 days; 70 EUR or 45000 XAF. While a multiple entry e-Visa up to 180days costs 185 EUR or 120000 XAF. While the iVisa service fee depends on the time frame of processing your visa. A rush fee is applied for faster processing.
iVisa Processing fee :
- 7 business days costs 20 USD
- 6 business days costs 20 USD plus a rush fee of 15 USD
- 4 business days costs 20 USD plus a rush fee of 35 USD
The e-Visa cannot be extended online, it can only be extended by going to the Générale à la Documentation et l’Immigration in Libreville. A visa for 3 or 6 months cannot be extended. While a visa of 1 month may be extended for 2 months and a visa for 2 months may be extended for one additional month.
Please be advised that visa and other entry and exit conditions (such as currency, customs, and quarantine regulations) are subject to change without prior notice.