Indian nationals wanting to visit the republic of Gabon require a visa. In June 2015 the Gabon government launched the Electronic Visa Scheme (E-visa) with the aim of facilitating ease of movement in and out the country, boosting tourism and trade. The e-Visa is revolutionary and many other countries continue to adopt and implement it. As it eliminates the need to visit a consulate or embassy making the entire process hassle free, time and cost efficient.
Required Documents to Apply
- An original signed copy of your German passport containing two blank pages with at least 6 months validity from the date of entry into Gabon.
- A color scan of your passport biography page including the signature page.
- A complete and correct visa application form. All the information presented must be up to date and must match the data on your passport.
- A recent digital passport size photo, in color and taken within the last 6 months or less. The picture should meet the specification of 35 by 45mm, has neither overexposure nor underexposure and properly balanced without shadow on the face or in the background.
The process of getting a Gabon e-Visa is quite simple and straightforward. Simply head onto the iVisa website after reading through the information you can then begin your application. In addition, you can access our “iVisa Calculator Tool” by inputting your origin, in this case India, the number of applications and desired processing time period (7, 6 or 4 Business days) Which in turn yields the cost of the iVisa service fee listed down below.
- Step1: Select the E-visa of your choice (single or multiple)
- Step 2: Fill in the application
- Step 3: Attach all required and necessary documents.
- Step 4: Submit your Application by completing the service fee payment.
Upon approval an ETA will be issued to the email you provided during your application Unlike the typical e-Visa with which you receive electronically via email. The Gabonese e-Visa is issued by the Générale à la Documentation et l’Immigration upon arrival at the Leon Mba Int’l Airport. Note that payment is due upon arrival in cash- euros at the delivery of the e-Visa sticker.
The cost for an E-visa is outlined on the official Immigration Gabon website .For a Single entry up to 90 days the e-Visa costs 70 EUR or 45000 XAF + 15 EUR as file processing fee. For a Multiple entry up to 180days; 185 EUR or 120000 XAF + 15 EUR as file processing fee. The e-Visa can be extended by going to the Générale à la Documentation et l’Immigration once in Libreville, Gabon.
While the iVisa service fee depends on the desired time frame of processing your visa. For single entry Visa processed in:
- 7 business days costs 20 USD
- 6 business days costs 20 USD plus a rush fee of 15 USD
- 4 business days costs 20 USD plus a rush fee of 35 USD
Important Information to know!
The Gabon e-Visa is only issued and valid at the designated Leon Mba International Airport in Libreville, Gabon. Please be advised that entry via land, water or any other airport renders the visa invalid.