On the 15th of June, 2015 the Gabon government launched into effect an electronic visa scheme with the aim of facilitating ease of entry into the country and boosting trade, cooperation, and tourism. Individuals holding an Italian passport are eligible to apply for the e-Visa provide that their intention of the visit is either for tourism, family and/or friends visit for the duration of 180 days or less. Please be advised that visa and other entry and exit conditions (such as currency, customs, and quarantine regulations) are subject to change without prior notice.
- An original signed copy of your Italian passport containing two blank pages with at least 6 months validity from the date of entry into Gabon.
- A color scan of your passport biography page including the signature page.
- A complete and correct visa application form. All the information presented must be up to date and must match the data on your passport.
- A recent digital passport size photo, in color and taken within the last 6 months or less. The picture should meet the specification of 35 by 45mm, has neither overexposure nor underexposure and properly balanced without shadow on the face or in the background.
The process of getting a Gabon e-Visa is quite simple and straightforward. Head onto the iVisa website after reading through the information you can then begin with your application. In addition, you can access the Visa Calculator Tool” by inputting your origin, a number of applications, desired processing time period. Which in turn yields the cost of the iVisa service fee.
- Step 1: Select the E-visa of your choice (single or multiple)
- Step 2: Fill in the application
- Step 3: Attach all required and necessary documents.
- Step 4: Submit your application by completing the service fee payment.
The Visa cost is outlined on the Immigration Gabon website. For a Single entry up to 90 days; 70 EUR or 45000 XAF. While a multiple entry e-Visa up to 180days costs 185 EUR or 120000 XAF. While the iVisa service fee depends on the time frame of processing your visa. A rush fee is applied for faster processing.
iVisa Processing fee :
- 7 business days costs 20 USD
- 6 business days costs 20 USD plus a rush fee of 15 USD
- 4 business days costs 20 USD plus a rush fee of 35 USD
- The e-Visa is only valid for those arriving into Gabon via the main airport Leon Mba International Airport in Libreville, the capital. Entry into Gabon via any other means or port of entry renders the e-Visa invalid.
- It is advised that you allow enough time as it takes a minimum of 72 hours to process the e-Visa. Applicants should NOT travel prior to receiving an (ETA) electronic travel authorization receipt or the date specified on the application. Individuals that do not abide by the rules will be turned back upon arrival with respect and in accordance with the Gabonese immigration laws and at their own expense.