In June 2015 the Gabon government launched the Electronic Visa Scheme (E-visa) with the aim of facilitating ease of movement in and out the country, boosting tourism and trade. Japanese nationals wanting to visit the Republic of Gabon for tourism, family or friends are eligible to apply for the e-Visa. The entire process can be completed entirely online with the help of iVisa eliminating the need to visit an embassy or consulate. Please be advised that the e-Visa is only provided and valid upon arrival at the Leon M'ba International Airport in Libreville, Gabon.
- An original signed copy of your Japanese passport containing two blank pages with at least 6 months validity from the date of entry into Gabon.
- A color scan of your passport biography page including the signature page.
- A complete and correct visa application form. All the information presented must be up to date and must match the data on your passport.
- A recent digital passport size photo, in color and taken within the last 6 months or less. The picture should meet the specification of 35 by 45mm, has neither overexposure nor underexposure and properly balanced without shadow on the face or in the background.
The process of getting a Gabon e-Visa is quite simple and straightforward. Head onto the iVisa website after reading through the information you can then begin with your application. In addition, you can access the “Visa Calculator Tool” by inputting your origin, a number of applications, desired processing time period. Which in turn yields the cost of the iVisa service fee.
- Step 1: Select the E-visa of your choice (single or multiple) Step 2: Fill in the application Step 3: Attach all required and necessary documents. Step 4: Submit your application by completing the service fee payment.
The Visa cost is outlined on the Immigration Gabon website. For a Single entry up to 90 days; 70 EUR or 45000 XAF. While a multiple entry e-Visa up to 180days costs 185 EUR or 120000 XAF. While the iVisa service fee depends on the time frame of processing your visa. A rush fee is applied for faster processing.
iVisa Processing fee :
- 7 business days costs 20 USD
- 6 business days costs 20 USD plus a rush fee of 15 USD
- 4 business days costs 20 USD plus a rush fee of 35 USD
- The e-Visa is only valid for those arriving into Gabon via the main airport Leon Mba International Airport in Libreville, the capital.
- Unlike the typical e-Visa with which you receive electronically via email, the Gabonese e-Visa is issued by the Générale à la Documentation et l’Immigration upon arrival at the Leon Mba Int’l Airport.
- In addition, Gabon is largely a cash-based economy, e-Visa payment is due upon arrival in euros or XAF at the delivery of the e-Visa sticker, as there is no guarantee that you will have access to money inside the airport.