The Republic of Gabon introduced the electronic visa service in 2015 with the aim of facilitating ease of entry into the country and boosting trade and tourism. Nigerian citizens may apply for the e-Visa online without the need to go to an embassy or consular office. Please note, that at the moment electronic visas are only valid for entry into Gabon via the main airport Leon Mba International Airport in Libreville, the capital.
- An original signed copy of your Nigerian passport containing two blank pages with at least 6 months validity from the date of entry into Gabon. If you are a resident in another country than where you are originally from, a residence permit is required.
- A complete and correct visa application form. All the information presented must be up to date and must match the data on your passport.
- A recent digital passport size photo, in color and taken within the last 6 months or less. The picture should meet the specification of 35 by 45mm, has neither overexposure nor underexposure and properly balanced without shadow on the face or in the background.
- Proof of up to date the Yellow Fever Vaccine. You will also need to be vaccinated against Cholera. We recommend you vaccinate against other diseases as well, including hepatitis (A and B), measles-mumps-rubella (MMR), and diphtheria-tetanus-polio.
- Please note that the e-Visa takes a minimum of 72 hours to process. The applicant is NOT allowed to travel before receiving an (ETA) electronic travel authorization receipt or the date specified on the application. Individuals that do not abide by the rules will be turned back upon arrival with respect and by following Gabonese immigration laws and at their own expense.
The process of getting a Gabon e-Visa through iVisa is simple and smooth.
- Step 1: Select the e-Visa of your choice (single or multiple)
- Step 2: Fill in the application
- Step 3: Attach all required and necessary documents.
- Step 4: Submit your Application
Processing options for an e-Visa at iVisa are as follows:
- Standard: 7 business days; processing fee $20
- Rush: 6 business days; processing fee $35
- Super Rush: 4 business days; processing fee $55
Visa fees for Gabon e-Visa
Gabon is largely a cash-based economy, the e-Visa payment is due upon arrival in cash the moment you receive your e-Visa sticker. Currently, there is no guarantee that you will have access to money inside the airport.
- Single entry up to 90 days; 70 EUR or 45000 XAF + 15 EUR as file processing fee.
- Multiple entries up to 180 days; 185 EUR or 120000 XAF + 15 EUR as file processing fee.
The e-Visa can be extended by going to the Générale à la Documentation et l’Immigration in Libreville. A visa for 3 or 6 months cannot be extended. While a visa of 1 month may be extended for 2 months and a visa for 2 months may be extended for one additional month. Please note, that iVisa or the Nigerian government cannot intervene in case you are refused a visa to Gabon.