All tourists are required to apply for a visa before traveling to Gabon. On the 15th of June, 2015 the Republic of Gabon introduced the electronic visa (e-Visa) service with the aim of facilitating ease of entry into the country and boosting trade and tourism. You may apply for the Gabon e-Visa online without the need to visit an embassy or consular office. There are some requirements that you need to follow if you wish to visit Gabon. Please note, that at the moment electronic visas are only valid for entry into Gabon via the main airport Leon Mba International Airport in Libreville, the capital.
There are a few steps to take and requirements to fill if you wish to visit Gabon and acquire a visa. The required documents are requested officially by the government of Gabon and iVisa is happy to help with the visa process.
- An original signed copy of your valid passport containing two blank pages with at least 6 months validity from the date of entry into Gabon. If you are a resident in another country than where you are originally from, a residence permit is required.
- A complete and correct visa application form. All the information presented must be up to date and must match the data on your passport.
- A recent digital passport size photo, in color and taken within the last 6 months or less. The picture should meet the specification of 35 by 45mm, has neither overexposure nor underexposure and properly balanced without shadow on the face or in the background.
- Proof of up to date the Yellow Fever Vaccine. You will also need to be vaccinated against Cholera. We recommend you to vaccinate against other diseases as well, including hepatitis (A and B), measles-mumps-rubella (MMR), and diphtheria-tetanus-polio.
- Please note that the e-Visa takes a minimum of 72 hours to process. At this time, the process cannot be completed faster. The applicant is NOT allowed to travel before receiving an electronic travel authorization ((ETA) receipt or the date specified on the application. Individuals that do not abide by the rules will be turned back upon arrival with respect and by following Gabonese immigration laws and at their own expense.
Please note, that some countries and their citizens are exempt and do not require a visa when entering to Gabon.
The e-Visa is applied online and you are requested to have a working e-mail address at all times. All the information about your e-Visa application will be sent to the e-mail you state in your application.
The e-Visa can be extended by going to the Générale à la Documentation et l’Immigration in Libreville. A visa for 3 or 6 months cannot be extended. While a visa of 1 month may be extended for 2 months and a visa for 2 months may be extended for one additional month. The e-Visa is valid for 30 days after arrival. Please note, that iVisa or your government cannot intervene in case you are refused a visa to Gabon.