Want to drive fast on the Autobahn? What about seeing a medieval castle within a gorgeous countryside? Well, you will want to visit Germany and the Schengen region of Europe. To start, Libyan citizens will need to obtain a visa in order to enter Germany.
What's great is now you can start the application process online with iVisa's fast and convenient digital application. We will also set up your interview with the closest German visa center near you and help you with questions you may have by giving you a Preparation Guide. Below is some other visa information to get you started.
Germany (Schengen) Visa | FAQ Answers
How many times can I use my visa to enter Germany or the Schengen area?
You will be allowed Single Entry into the area. Single-entry is a one-time only entry. Other visa types may allow you more than one entry.
How long can I visit the Schengen Area with a Germany (Schengen) visa?
You will have 90 days Per Entry to vacation in the area.
What kind of documents and information do I need for the application process?
- Funds Documentation - Get a bank statement to help.
- Last Page of Passport Scan (if necessary) - Always bring your passport information when applying for a visa and entering a foreign country.
- Airline Onward Ticket - Prove you will fly out of Germany (Schengen) before your visa ceases to be valid.
- Former Education/Work History (if applicable) - You'll need to supply education or work information if you are going for that purpose.
- Passport Photo - No black and white photos. Only color ones with a white background will be accepted.
- Passport Bio Scan - Three empty passport stamp pages and 6 months of validity left from the date you plan to arrive in the Schengen region.
- Hotel/Lodging Confirmation - Whether you are staying at a hotel/resort or with a friend or family member, you must show proof you have a place to stay while you are in the region.
What's the price of a Germany (Schengen) visa?
The processing speed of your online visa application will be one of the following.
- If you choose Standard Processing, the processing cost will be USD 37.49.
- Applicants that choose Rush Processing will pay USD 96.99.
- Super Rush Processing costs USD 106.99.
When you are approved after your interview, visas typically cost EUR 60.
How long does it take to process my Germany (Schengen) visa?
For the application process with us, you have three time periods to choose from:
- Standard Processing: 10 Business Days to complete.
- Rush processing will be finished within 8 Business Days.
- Super Rush processing happens within 6 Business Days.
Usually, after your interview at the embassy, it takes about 5 days (business) to get your official visa.
Am I guaranteed to get through German customs with a visa?
Holding a visa does not guarantee entry into the country or region. Almost all people, though, do not have a problem entering.
When should the visa for Germany (Schengen) expire?
You will need to plan your trip well. Use the visa within 180 days after arrival.
The Germany (Schengen) Visa as a Citizen of Libya
You can go to the embassy or consulate first, but why waste a trip? Use iVisa's secure online application for visas, and we will help guide you through the entire process.
If you have further questions, click on the chat button in the lower right-hand corner of your screen to ask one of our 24/7 representatives a question.