The Germany Schengen visa duration changes based on which visa you select. Generally, you can expect a visa for the Schengen area to last anywhere from 90 days to 5 years. This is determined based on your choices during the visa process, your reason for going to the Schengen Area, and your travel compliance history.
Part of the visa regulations includes the completion of the application, which you can do online with iVisa.
Germany (Schengen) Visa | FAQs
The segment below discusses Russian citizens. You can check out our Visa Checker Tool to see the requirements for your specific country. Many of these answers apply to all applicants.
How many days can I spend in the Schengen Area with this visa?
You will have 90 days Per Entry to enjoy your trip in the area.
What's the associated cost of a Germany (Schengen) visa?
iVisa's online part of the process requires you to choose a speed for us to process your application. Your charges will change based on this selection:
- If you choose Standard Processing, the processing cost will end up being USD 40.00.
- Applicants that choose Rush Processing will pay USD 70.00 for the processing speed.
- Super Rush Processing costs USD 90.00.
What are the entry amounts of a Germany (Schengen) visa?
You will be allowed Single Entry through your selected port-of-entry. Many temporary visas are single-entry which means you can enter the foreign country one time only for your trip.
It costs EUR 60 to get your visa after your interview is finished.
Once issued, how long do I have to use the visa?
Make sure you begin your trip before the visa's expiration date listed on the visa. Use the visa within 180 days after arrival to be sure it is still valid for use.
What kind of documents and information do I need for an application?
- Last Page of Passport Scan (if necessary) - Authorities may ask to see if you have enough pages.
- Passport Info - At least 3 blank passport pages for stamping and 180 days of validity remaining from the date you plan to land in the country.
- Passport Photo - No black and white passport pictures are permitted. Only color ones with a white background will be accepted.
- Onward Ticket - Prove you will leave Germany (Schengen) before your visa expires.
- Payment Information - Credit cards work. So does PayPal.
- Funds Documentation - Bank statements or official bank account information should work. You will also need 30,000 EUR in medical coverage to be eligible.
- Hotel/Lodging Reservation or Letter from Friend - Give information on how you will stay in Germany or the Schengen region during your trip.
- Former Education/Work History (if applicable) - Get an official at your workplace or school to help you with this document.
How many days does it take to process my Germany (Schengen) visa?
For the application part with iVisa, you have three time periods to select from:
- Standard Processing: 10 Business Day to complete.
- Rush processing will be finished within 8 Business Day.
- Super Rush processing happens within 6 Business Day.
The Germany (Schengen) Visa Requirements Help
No matter where you find yourself in the world, iVisa is here to help you get to where you want to go. Fill out an application today and forget about going to an embassy. The e-Visa makes the entire process a breeze and you can rest assured it is both safe and simple.
Have a great trip!