The visa fee for a German Schengen visa is around €60. Also, there is a processing fee involved in your application. That can vary from USD 40.00 to USD 90.00 depending on how fast you need the application reviewed by experts.
You can start the application process online and then go for your interview later.
Frequently Asked Questions | The Germany (Schengen) Visa Fee & More
India is used as an example here. You may have slightly different requirements, so check out our Visa Checker Tool to make sure you are eligible. Many of these apply to all travelers.
I am a foreign national. Do I need a visa to go to Germany?
Most people will need to get a visa to travel to Germany and the Schengen Area.
These 103 countries are eligible:
Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burma/Myanmar, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, China, Comoros, Congo, Ivory Coast, Cuba, Democratic Republic Of Congo, Djibouti, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Maldives, Mali, Mauritania, Mongolia, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Niger, Nigeria, North Korea, Oman, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Qatar, Russia, Rwanda, Sao Tome And Principe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Togo, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Uganda, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe
How many days is my visa good for from the time it is ready?
You need to plan to utilize the visa within 180 days after arrival to be certain that it remains valid for traveling.
What's the total amount of days I can vacation before I have to leave?
You can vacation for at most 90 days Per Entry before it is necessary for you to leave the Schengen region.
What's the fee of the visa process?
The actual visa fee is EUR 60.
See below for the different costs of processing your application (the first step).
- Standard Processing USD 40.00.
- Rush Processing USD 70.00 for the processing speed only.
- Super Rush Processing USD 90.00.
Is the visa for Germany (Schengen) a single-entry or multiple-entry visa?
The Germany (Schengen) visa will be a Single Entry visa to use.
What information do I have to have ready to fill out the application and for the interview?
- Passport Pages - Colored passport photos, blank pages for stamping in and out of Schengen countries, a clear scan of the biography page with your information, and access to see the last page of the passport are all necessary.
- Trip Requirements - Lodging/hotel information & departure voucher
- Travel Funds & Medical Insurance - Have both enough money for your journey plans and 30,000 EUR in medical insurance or more to be approved.
- For trade/school - If not there for leisure, prove the reason with an official letter from someone in your organization that is official.
How long will it take to process the German visa application?
- Standard Processing: 10 Business Day.
- Rush processing will be completed within 8 Business Day.
- Super Rush processing is best for those who need a visa fast. It processes within 6 Business Day.
Your visa normally is ready within five business days after you have your interview.
The Germany (Schengen) Visa | Visitor Visa Fee and Processing Application
If you are not from the Schengen area, you most likely need a visa to travel there and to Germany in general. Now, with the easy-to-use online application, you can begin your journey to the trip of a lifetime. We will guide you through the entire process.
Don't wait. Get your visa started today.