Leading Europe in population and economy size, Germany is world-renowned as the #1 European destination for travel. If you are coming from Madagascar as a citizen, a visa will be required to enter Germany and the surrounding Schengen area. Madagascar residents can fill out an online application form.
From there, iVisa can schedule your interview at the closest embassy or consulate to you. Then, all you have to do is use our Preparation Guide to get ready for your visit.
Germany (Schengen) Visa | Answers to Visa Questions
How long can I visit the Schengen Area with a visa for Germany (Schengen)?
You will have 90 days Per Entry to explore the sights and tastes of Germany and the Schengen region.
What type of documents and personal info do you need for the application?
- Hotel/Lodging Reservation or Letter from Host - Where are you staying? Provide this official information.
- Final Page of Passport Scan (if necessary) - If needed, show the last page of the passport.
- Money to Vacation - Be able to show you have enough money to travel to Germany (Schengen) area.
- Onward Ticket - You'll have to show that you will leave the area before the expiration date listed on your visa.
- Former Education/Work History (if applicable) - A work letter or letter from a university official will work if you are traveling there for that purpose.
- Passport Picture - Color only. No exceptions.
- Payment Information - PayPal or credit cards work well.
- Passport Pages - Three empty passport stamp pages and 6 months of validity left from the date you plan to arrive in the Schengen region.
What's the normal cost of a Germany (Schengen) visa?
Prices for processing your application vary based on your speed selection. Then, you will be charged around EUR 60 after your interview is complete for the visa.
- If you select Standard Processing, the processing price will be USD 25.00.
- Applicants that choose Rush Processing will pay USD 45.00.
- Super Rush Processing costs USD 80.00.
Do I have to have a visa to enter Germany and the Schengen region?
Yes. All residents of Madagascar who are traveling for ordinary, business, or studying will have to obtain a visa or you will not be able to go to Germany.
What's the processing time for the visa?
For the application portion with us, you have three time periods to choose from:
- Standard Processing: 10 Business Day to complete.
- Rush processing will be finished within 8 Business Day.
- Super Rush processing happens within 6 Business Day.
After you complete your interview at the embassy or consulate nearest you, it takes about 5 business days or more to complete and prepare your German (Schengen) visa.
Does having a visa mean I will automatically get into Germany (Schengen)?
Customs officials will have the final say on whether you can enter with our without a visa.
How many times may I fly or cross over into Germany with a visa?
You will be allowed Single Entry through any port-of-entry.
How long do I have to use my visa before it expires?
You will need to plan your trip before your visa expires. Use the visa within 180 days after arrival to be sure it is good.
The Germany (Schengen) Visa | Citizen of Madagascar Application
To visit the coolest places in Germany, you need your visa. The application process should not be difficult, so that is where iVisa works best. We allow you to fill out your application online and give you a handy guide to help you do your best in the interview.
So, get ready to see the fairytale landscapes and enjoy local beers. Prost!