Traveling to Europe? You can start the application process online if you are a North Korean citizen. You will need a visa to enter Germany or the Schengen region of Europe. There are requirements for applying, and each country's German diplomatic missions will require an in-person interview to be scheduled.
We can help. Fill out an online application on our secure and easy website. Afterward, we will schedule an interview for you at the German embassy in Pyongyang, most likely. We will also give you a free Preparation Guide to help you with the interview and payment processes.
Germany (Schengen) Visa | Questions Answered for Tourists
How much will the visa end up costing?
Normally, EUR 60. Before that, you will need to pay for the application process.
- Standard Processing - USD 25.00.
- Rush Processing - USD 45.00
- Super Rush Processing -USD 80.00.
What do I need for the application process and interview?
- Minimum Money for Living - Provide information that you will be able to pay for yourself during your trip to Germany (Schengen) area.
- Passport Photos - Always have at least two copies. Colored is accepted. Not black and white.
- Payment Method to Check Out - iVisa can take Paypal or one of your credit/debit cards information.
- Lodging Reservation/Host Letter - Book your stay at a hotel or lodge or a friend's place before you apply.
- Final Page of Passport Scan (if required) - If needed, show the last page of the passport.
- Medical Insurance - You need EUR 30,000 of coverage medically to fly into Germany or the Schengen area.
- Valid Passport - 3 blank pages to stamp; 6 months or more validity from the entry date
What's the maximum stay while traveling with a visa?
90 days Per Entry. Make sure your vacation plans fit within this amount of days or you will need to leave the country. Coming back will require a new visa.
Are there different processing times for a visa application online?
Yes. When North Korea nationals fill out an application online, they will need to choose a processing speed that determines how long it will take us to review your information and set up your interview.
- Standard Processing: 10 Business Days to complete.
- Rush processing will be finished within 8 Business Days.
- Super Rush processing will be finished within 6 Business Days.
VISA WAIT TIME: 5 business days from consulate/embassy interview
Do I have to have a visa to enter Germany and the Schengen region?
To get into Germany (Schengen), you will need a visa if you are from North Korea.
When should I apply for a visa?
Between one and three months before you plan to go to Germany. North Korea residents may need more time.
How many times may I can enter to Germany holding a visa?
You will be given Single Entry when you arrive. If you need more, you can get another visa type or possibly an extension.
How long do I have to use my visa before it expires?
Embark on your journey before your visa is no longer valid. Use the visa within 180 days after arrival to be certain it is valid for traveling.
The Germany (Schengen) Visa | Citizen of North Korea Interview
Those traveling from North Korea to Germany or the Schengen area will need to have a visa to enter. While there is no electronic version of the process, there is a digital application for your required visa information, and we can talk to the North Korean government for you to set up the interview process.
Safe travel, and good luck.