What's great about the Germany Schengen visa is that it gives you access to all of the Schengen Area of the European Union. Visa requirements for the Germany Schengen visa include providing documentation such as your passport information, travel plans, and arranged accommodations you will use during your trip.
Part of the requirements for a visa include filling out an application, which you can complete online. This will save you time since you can do it from anywhere you have internet. Then, we will help you fulfill all of the other requirements like going for an interview and preparing all the documents you need to secure your visa for the Schengen Area.
Germany (Schengen) Visa | Answers about Requirements Questions
This section applies to Russian nationals. You can check out our Visa Checker Tool to see the requirements for your specific country. Many of these answers apply to all applicants.
Schengen Area Maximum Stay
You will have 90 days Per Entry to enjoy your trip in the area.
What's the associated cost of a Germany (Schengen) visa?
iVisa's online part of the process requires you to choose a speed for us to process your application. Rates vary based on this selection:
- If you choose Standard Processing, the processing cost will end up being USD 25.00.
- Applicants that choose Rush Processing will pay USD 45.00.
- Super Rush Processing costs USD 80.00.
It costs EUR 60 to get your visa after your interview is complete and approved.
Does possessing a visa mean I will automatically get into Germany (Schengen)?
No. Customs officials have the final word on whether you have fulfilled all the requirements for entry into the country or area.
Is it required that I have a visa to enter Germany and the Schengen region?
It depends on where you are from and what the purpose of your trip is. The following 103 countries have the option to get a Schengen visa:
Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burma/Myanmar, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, China, Comoros, Congo, Ivory Coast, Cuba, Democratic Republic Of Congo, Djibouti, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Maldives, Mali, Mauritania, Mongolia, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Niger, Nigeria, North Korea, Oman, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Qatar, Russia, Rwanda, Sao Tome And Principe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Togo, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Uganda, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
What types of documents and information do I need for the application and interview?
- Funds Documentation - Bank statements or official bank account information should work. You will also need 30,000 EUR in medical coverage to be eligible.
- Passport Photo - No black and white passport pictures. Only colored ones with a white background will be accepted.
- Payment Information - Credit cards work. So does PayPal.
- Onward Ticket - Prove you will leave Germany (Schengen) before your visa expires.
- Former Education/Work History (if applicable) - Get an official at your workplace or school to help you with this document.
- Last Page of Passport Scan (if necessary) - They may want to see if you have enough pages.
- Passport Info - At least 3 blank passport pages for stamping and 180 days of validity remaining from the date you plan to land in the Schengen region.
- Hotel/Lodging Reservation or Letter from Friend - Give information on how you will stay in Germany or the Schengen region during your trip.
How many days does it take to process my Germany (Schengen) visa?
For the application part with iVisa, you have three time periods to select from:
- Standard Processing: 10 Business Days to complete.
- Rush processing will be finished within 8 Business Days.
- Super Rush processing will be finished within 6 Business Days.
Embassies and consulates can take up to 5 business days after your interview to process approved visas so, plan your trip in time.
What are the number of entries allowed with a Germany (Schengen) visa?
You will be allowed a Single Entry through your selected port of entry. Many temporary visas are single-entry which means you can enter the foreign country one time only for your trip.
Once issued, how long do I have to use the visa?
Make sure you begin your trip before the visa's expiration date listed on the visa. Use the visa within 180 days after arrival to be sure it is still valid for use.
The Germany (Schengen) Visa Requirements Help
No matter where you are in the world, we are here to help you have the easiest time with the visa application and the rest of the visa process. So, start planning your trip today, and let us assist you as you go on the journey of a lifetime.