Are you a citizen of Sierra Leone hoping to go on vacation, attend school, or work in Germany? Then you'll have to apply for a visa before your trip. You will also need to go through an interview process before you can acquire your visa.
That's why iVisa now offers its users from Sierra Leone an easy online application to streamline the process for you.
Germany (Schengen) Visa Process Questions and Answers
How long does it take to process my visa?
It usually takes about five business days to obtain a visa at the German embassy or consulate after the interview.
What is the Germany (Schengen) visa?
A special tourist visa authorizing applicants to enter not only Germany but other countries of the Schengen area. You're going to arrive in Germany and from there you can travel elsewhere. Below are the options for application processing time:
- Standard Processing takes around 10 Business Day to complete.
- Rush processing will complete your application within 8 Business Day.
- Super Rush processing will complete your application within 6 Business Day.
When is the visa going to expire?
A normal visa for Germany (Schengen) expires in 180 days after arrival.
How long can I stay in the Schengen area with a Germany (Schengen) visa?
The maximum stay for Germany (Schengen) visa holders is 90 days Per Entry.
What documents do I need to submit for an online application?
- Airline Departure Ticket - Have your exit plan ready for the application process.
- Education/Work History (if applicable) - Going for some other reason besides vacation or official diplomatic business? You'll need to supply education or work information.
- Last Page of Passport Scan (if necessary) - Have your passport handy just in case you need to supply this.
- Passport Bio Info - You will need three empty passport stamp pages and a validity of six months from the date you plan to enter the Schengen area.
- Passport Photo - Only use a colored photo during the process.
- Sufficient Funding - Typically, your bank can provide you with information to help with this aspect.
- Lodging Confirmation - Have your lodging reservations prepared to show officials.
What is the cost of my visa application?
This depends on your selection of processing speed:
- If you select Standard Processing, the processing cost will be USD 25.00.
- Applicants that choose Rush Processing will pay USD 45.00.
- Super Rush Processing costs USD 80.00.
Upon approval of the application, the German Visa Application Center will charge about EUR 60 for the visa.
How many times can I enter Germany (Schengen) with the visa?
The Germany (Schengen) visa is valid for a Single Entry.
Get a Germany (Schengen) Visa as a Citizen of Sierra Leone
Germany is a very popular destination for tourists. In addition to being one of the safest travel hotspots, a convenient public transportation makes getting around a breeze.
The food, culture, and natural and visual wonders of Germany are only a few clicks away using iVisa's simple digital application for the Germany (Schengen) region.
We know that you're going to have a wonderful trip!