You will need a visa to enter the area if you are a citizen of Mauritania and want to travel to Germany or Europe's Schengen area. In order to complete an application, most people go straight to the consulate or embassy.
Now, in just a few minutes, you can fill out the visa application for Germany online. iVisa will then provide you with details about which Germany Visa Application Center to go to for your interview, including scheduling your interview. And, to help you with the interview process, we're going to give you a Preparation Guide.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) | Germany (Schengen) Visa Process
What is the time limit on using a visa to enter into Germany (Schengen)?
The Germany (Schengen) visa is valid for a Single Entry.
How long will it take to process my Germany (Schengen) visa?
5 business days from the day of the interview day. Preceding your interview, you can finish the Germany visa application portion of the process online with iVisa. The processing speed of the application is based on which speed you choose at checkout:
- Standard Processing: 10 Business Day to complete.
- Rush processing will complete your application within 8 Business Day.
- Super Rush processing will complete your application within 6 Business Day.
How long will I be able to stay in the Schengen Area with a Germany (Schengen) visa?
90 days Per Entry is the limit of stay with this particular visa.
When does the visa for Germany (Schengen) stop being valid?
The Germany (Schengen) visa typically will not work 180 days after arrival.
What personal information do I need for the visa application and interview processes?
- Final Page Scan of Passport (if applicable) - The last page of your passport will need to be visible and submitted.
- Departure Ticket - Show immigration officers you have a plan in place to leave Germany and the Schengen region.
- Accommodation Details - Have your lodging reservations or letter from family or friend ready.
- Former Education/Work History (if applicable) - If you're going for university or commerce, you'll need to be able to prove this reason.
- Passport Photo - No black and white pictures can be used.
- Passport Personal Details Scan - 6 months valid from entry into Germany and at least 3 blank stamping pages
- Sufficient Finances - EUR 30,000 in medical insurance needed and a bank statement should be good enough.
How much is the total price of a visa for Germany (Schengen)?
Choose a processing speed during the application:
- If you choose Standard Processing, the processing price will be USD 40.00.
- Applicants that choose Rush Processing will pay USD 70.00.
- Super Rush Processing costs USD 90.00.
You'll have to settle up for your actual visa when you arrive for your interview which is around 60 EUR.
The Germany (Schengen) Visa as a Citizen of Mauritania
Mauritanian citizens will need a visa to travel to the Germany (Schengen) area. You can now stay at home to fill out the visa application online or while you are on the go. That way, for the interview process, you just have to go to the visa center.
Enjoy Germany's beautiful countryside and vibrant cities. Safe travel.