Going to Germany to see the history and culture is exciting. If you are a citizen of Papua New Guinea, you will most likely need a visa if you are not a government official. You can apply online, then go for your interview.
Below are some common questions people have about the process. Once you're ready, you can apply online for the visa or landing authorization, and then, we will walk you through the next steps.
The What, When, and How | Germany (Schengen) Visas
How much is the total price of a visa for Germany (Schengen)?
Germany (Schengen) visas are priced around EUR 60 per applicant per visa. Choose a processing speed during the application:
- Standard Processing -USD 40.00.
- Rush Processing -USD 70.00
- Super Rush Processing -USD 90.00.
You'll have to pay for your actual visa when you go for your interview.
What is the limit on using a visa to enter Germany (Schengen)?
The Germany (Schengen) visa is good for a Single Entry.
How long does it take to process my Germany (Schengen) visa?
Usually 5 business days from the day you finished your interview. Before you go, you can fill out the Germany visa application online with iVisa. The processing speed of the application is based on which speed you choose at checkout:
- Standard Processing will take around 10 Business Day to complete.
- Rush processing will complete your application within 8 Business Day.
- Super Rush processing will complete your application within 6 Business Day.
How long can I stay in the Schengen Area with a Germany (Schengen) visa?
The maximum stay will be 90 days Per Entry.
What documents do I need for the visa application and interview?
- Passport Photo - You'll need to provide colored passport photos with a white background. No monochrome pictures will be accepted.
- Final Page Scan of Passport (if applicable) - Some applicants may need to provide the last page of their passport during the application process.
- Airline Departure Ticket - Show officials you plan to leave Germany and the Schengen region.
- Former Education/Work History (if applicable) - If you're going for school or work, you'll need to show this.
- Passport Personal Details Scan - with 6 months validity from your arrival date in the Schengen area and 3 empty passport pages for stamping
- Accommodation Details - Have your hotel reservations ready.
- Sufficient Finances - A bank statement should be good enough.
When does the visa for Germany (Schengen) expire?
The Germany (Schengen) visa normally expires in 180 days after arrival.
The Germany (Schengen) Visa as a Citizen of Papua New Guinea
Papua New Guinea citizens wanting to go to Germany will have to get a visa. So, why not make it as easy as possible to achieve? That's what we help thousands of travelers do at iVisa. So, apply for your visa wherever you are, and we will help set up your interview and give you a Preparation Guide to assist you with the rest of the visa process.
Safe journey, and have a lot of fun in the Schengen region.