To get the Germany (Schengen) visa, citizens of the Maldives will have to go through an interview process at the consulate or embassy. It is required for Maldives citizens to have a visa to be able to travel to the Schengen area.
We work hard to make sure you can get your visa as soon as possible. You can fill out our online application, then we will set up your interview for you and give you a Preparation Guide to help you get through the visa process.
Questions & Answers | Germany (Schengen) Visa Process
What is the cost associated with getting my visa for Germany (Schengen Area)?
Germany (Schengen) visas are typically priced around EUR 60 per applicant per visa. For iVisa's portion of the visa procedure, it varies based on the processing speed selection you choose:
- If you select Standard Processing, the processing price will be USD 40.00.
- Applicants that choose Rush Processing will pay USD 70.00.
- Super Rush Processing costs USD 90.00.
How many times am I allowed to enter Germany (Schengen) with a visa?
The Germany (Schengen) visa is good for Single Entry into the country.
What is the processing timeline for a visa application and interview?
It takes about five business days after your interview to get a visa. Before you go, you can complete the Germany (Schengen) visa application online on our site. The processing speed of the application is based on which speed you choose:
- Standard Processing is finished around 10 Business Day to complete.
- Rush processing will have your application processed within 8 Business Day.
- Super Rush processing will happen within 6 Business Day.
When does the visa for Germany (Schengen) expire?
A temporary visitor visa for Germany (Schengen) expires in 180 days after arrival.
How long am I allowed to vacation in the Schengen Area with a Germany (Schengen) visa?
The total stay for Germany (Schengen) visa holders is 90 days Per Entry.
What do I need to apply for the visa and to bring to the interview?
- Passport Personal Details Scan - with 6 months validity from your landing date in the Schengen area and 3 empty passport pages for stamping
- Airline Confirmation - Officials must see that you are exiting Germany (Schengen) area before your visa expires.
- Applicant Photo - You'll need to give color passport photos with a white background. No monochrome pictures will be accepted.
- Previous Schooling/Work History (if applicable) - This depends on your purposes for traveling.
- Final Page of Passport (if applicable) - Some applicants may have to provide the last page of their passport during the application process.
- Accommodation Details - Where are you lodging during your trip? Show proof or confirmation letter.
- Proof of Enough Funds - Have enough money to fund your trip. You'll also need EUR 30,000 in medical coverage insurance to visit the Germany (Schengen) portion of Europe.
Get a Germany (Schengen) Visa as a Citizen of the Maldives
Going to Germany and the Schengen region has never been easier. With our proprietary application process, you can get started on the visa process from wherever you may be with your smartphone, computer, or tablet.
Have a safe trip and good luck.