Are you a Senegal citizen hoping to go on vacation, attend school, or work in Germany? Then you'll have to apply for a visa before your trip. You will also need to go through an interview process before you can acquire your visa.
That's why iVisa now offers its users from Senegal an easy online application to streamline the process for you. We'll even give you a Preparation Guide and set up the interview in your behalf.
Germany (Schengen) Visa Process Questions and Answers
How long does it take to process my visa?
Usually it takes about five business days before you get a visa after your interview at the German embassy or consulate. For the visa application that you can take with you to your interview, the speed of processing depends on your preferences.
- Standard Processing takes around 10 Business Days to complete.
- Rush processing will complete your application within 8 Business Days.
- Super Rush processing will complete your application within 6 Business Days.
When is the visa going to expire?
A normal visa for Germany (Schengen) expires in 180 days after arrival.
How long can I stay in the Schengen area with a Germany (Schengen) visa?
The maximum stay for Germany (Schengen) visa holders is 90 days Per Entry.
What is the cost of my visa application for Germany (Schengen Area)?
This depends on your processing speed choice:
- If you select Standard Processing, the processing cost will be USD 25.00.
- Applicants that choose Rush Processing will pay USD 45.00.
- Super Rush Processing costs USD 80.00.
The German Visa Application Center will charge approximately EUR 60 for the visa upon approval of the application.
How many times can I enter Germany (Schengen) with the visa?
The Germany (Schengen) visa is valid for a Single Entry.
What documents do I need to submit an online application?
- Airline Confirmation - You will have to provide proof that you are planning to leave the region.
- Previous Education/Work History (if applicable) - If you are traveling for work or school, you'll have to provide this information.
- Applicant Passport Photo - Only colored photos are accepted and there must be a white background.
- Passport Details - 6 months of validity and 3 blank stamp pages will be required.
- Accommodation Details - You will need to provide details of your hotel booking.
- Proof of Funds - A statement from the bank is acceptable for this.
Can I pay in cash at the German embassy for my visa?
Yes you may. The cost will be approximately 60 EUR.
Get a Germany (Schengen) Visa as a Citizen of Senegal
Germany is known as one of the best travel spots in the world, in addition to its picturesque scenery and ease for public transport, it's also one of the safest travel destinations.
Germany's food, culture and natural and artistic beauty are just a few clicks away using iVisa's simple digital application for the Germany (Schengen) region.
We hope you have a wonderful trip!