Are you a resident of Somalia who is planning to go on vacation, go to school, or work in Germany? Then you'll need to apply for a visa before you go.
iVisa now proudly offers travelers from Somalia a simple online application to streamline the entire visa process for you. We'll even give you a Preparation Guide and set up the interview for you.
Germany (Schengen) Visa Process Questions and Answers
Is my entry with the visa guaranteed?
No. Customs agents at ports of entry may refuse entry to anyone who is unable to meet entry requirements or whose presence in Germany would go against national security interests.
When is the visa going to expire?
A normal visa for Germany (Schengen) expires in 180 days after arrival.
How long can I stay in the Schengen area with a Germany (Schengen) visa?
The maximum stay for Germany (Schengen) visa holders is 90 days Per Entry.
Processing time options:
- Standard Processing takes around 10 Business Day to complete.
- Rush processing will complete your application within 8 Business Day.
- Super Rush processing will complete your application within 6 Business Day.
What is the cost of my visa application for Germany (Schengen Area)?
This depends on your selection of processing speed:
- If you select Standard Processing, the processing cost will be USD 25.00.
- Applicants that choose Rush Processing will pay USD 45.00.
- Super Rush Processing costs USD 80.00.
Upon approval of the application, the German Visa Application Center will charge about EUR 60 for the visa.
What documents do I need to submit an online application?
- Airline Departure Ticket - Have your exit plan ready for the application process.
- Sufficient Funding - Your bank usually can give you enough information to help with this part.
- Last Page of Passport Scan (if necessary) - Have your passport handy just in case you need to supply this.
- Passport Bio Information - Three empty passport stamp pages and 6 months of validity left from the date you plan to arrive in the Schengen region.
- Education/Work History (if applicable) - Going for some other reason besides vacation or official diplomatic business? You'll need to supply education or work information.
- Passport Photo - Only use a colored photo during the process. White backdrops are the only thing that is accepted.
- Lodging Confirmation - Have your lodging reservations prepared to show officials.
Can I pay in cash at the German embassy for my visa?
Yes you may. The cost will be approximately 60 EUR.
How many times can I enter Germany (Schengen) with the visa?
The Germany (Schengen) visa is valid for a Single Entry.
Get a Germany (Schengen) Visa as a Citizen of Somalia
As being one of the safest vacation spots in addition to its spectacular views and comfortable public transportation, Germany is also considered one of the best places to visit in the planet.
Germany's cuisine, history, and breathtaking visual wonders are just a few clicks away using iVisa's simple digital application for the Germany (Schengen) region.