In order to obtain a visa for Germany, citizens of South Sudan will have to undergo a consulate or embassy interview. It is required for these visitors to have a visa to be able to travel to the Schengen area.
We work to ensure that you are able to get your visa as soon as possible. You can fill in our online application and then set up an interview to help you get through the visa process by giving you a preparation guide.
Germany (Schengen) Visa FAQ
How long does it take to process my visa?
It usually takes about five business days to obtain a visa at the German embassy or consulate after the interview. For the visa application that you can take with you to your interview, the speed of processing depends on your preferences.
- Standard Processing takes around 10 Business Days to complete.
- Rush processing will complete your application within 8 Business Days.
- Super Rush processing will complete your application within 6 Business Days.
When is the visa going to expire?
A normal visa for Germany (Schengen) expires in 180 days after arrival.
How long can I stay in the Schengen area with a Germany (Schengen) visa?
The maximum stay for Germany (Schengen) visa holders is 90 days Per Entry.
What documents do I need to submit an online application?
- Airline Departure Ticket - Have your exit plan ready for the application process.* Sufficient Funding - Your bank usually can give you enough information to help with this part.
- Last Page of Passport Scan (if necessary) - Have your passport ready just in case you need to show it to officials.
- Passport Bio Information - Three empty passport stamp pages and 6 months of validity left from the date you plan to arrive in the Schengen region.
- Education/Work History (if applicable) - Going for some other reason besides vacation or official diplomatic business? You'll need to supply education or work information.
- Passport Photo - Only use a colored photo during the process. White backdrops are the only thing that is accepted.
- Lodging Confirmation - Have your lodging reservations prepared to show officials.
What is the cost of my visa application for Germany (Schengen Area)?
This will depend on your selection of processing speed:
- If you select Standard Processing, the processing cost will be USD 25.00.
- Applicants that choose Rush Processing will pay USD 45.00.
- Super Rush Processing costs USD 80.00.
Can I pay for my visa in cash at the German embassy?
Yes, you can.
How many times can I enter Germany (Schengen) with the visa?
The Germany (Schengen) visa is valid for a Single Entry.
Get a Germany (Schengen) Visa as a Citizen of South Sudan
The best way to experience Germany is from early to late summer, between April and June or between August and October. Although the attractions lines may be a little long, in Germany this doesn't always happen because people often clear out of the area during the summer to go on their own vacations elsewhere.
Germany's food, heritage and natural and artistic wonders are just clicks away using iVisa's simple digital application for the Germany (Schengen) region.
We hope you have a great trip!