If you are from Sri Lanka, you will need a visa to go to Germany and the Schengen region of Europe. You must complete an online application, go to an appointment and review other paperwork and visa arrangements.
We at iVisa work hard to ensure that you are able to obtain your visa as soon as you can. Simply fill in our online application and then we will set up an interview, and, to help you get through the visa process faster, we'll also give you a preparation guide.
Germany (Schengen) Visa Process Questions and Answers
How long does the approval of my visa take?
It usually takes about five business days to obtain a visa at the German embassy or consulate after the interview. Below are iVisa's process time options:
- Standard Processing takes around 10 Business Days to complete.
- Rush processing will complete your application within 8 Business Days.
- Super Rush processing will complete your application within 6 Business Days.
When will the visa expire?
A typical visa for Germany (Schengen) expires in 180 days after arrival.
How long can I stay in the Schengen area with a Germany (Schengen) visa?
The maximum stay for Germany (Schengen) visa holders is 90 days Per Entry.
How many times can I enter Germany (Schengen) with the visa?
The Germany (Schengen) visa is valid for a Single Entry.
What documents do I need to submit with my online application?
- Airline Departure Ticket - Have your exit plan ready for the application process.* Passport Bio Information - Three empty passport stamp pages and 6 months of validity left from the date you plan to arrive in the Schengen region.
- Lodging Confirmation - Have your lodging reservations prepared to show officials.
- Sufficient Funding - Your bank usually can give you enough information to help with this part.
- Education/Work History (if applicable) - Going for some other reason besides vacation or official diplomatic business? You'll need to supply education or work information.
- Passport Photo - Only use a colored photo during the process. White backdrops are the only thing that is accepted.
- Last Page of Passport Scan (if necessary) - Have your passport ready just in case you need to show it to officials.
What is the cost of my visa application for Germany (Schengen Area)?
The cost will depend on your selection of processing speed:
- If you select Standard Processing, the processing cost will be USD 25.00.
- Applicants that choose Rush Processing will pay USD 45.00.
- Super Rush Processing costs USD 80.00.
Get a Germany (Schengen) Visa as a Citizen of Sri Lanka
The best time to visit Germany is from early to late summer, April to June, or from August to October. While the lines for attractions may be a little long, this does not always happen in Germany because people tend to leave the area during the summer.
The food, culture, and natural and visual wonders of Germany are only a few clicks away using iVisa's simple digital application for the Germany (Schengen) region.
We know you'll have a great trip!