To get the Germany (Schengen) visa, citizens of Suriname will need to go through an interview process at their nearest embassy. It is required for these travelers to have a visa to be able to travel to the Schengen area.
We at iVisa work to ensure that you are able to get your visa as soon as possible.
Germany (Schengen) Visa Process Questions and Answers
When will the visa expire?
A typical visa for Germany (Schengen) expires in 180 days after arrival.
How long does my visa approval take?
It usually takes about five business days to obtain a visa at the German embassy or consulate after the interview.
Below are iVisa processing time options:
- Standard Processing takes around 10 Business Day to complete.
- Rush processing will complete your application within 8 Business Day.
- Super Rush processing will complete your application within 6 Business Day.
How long can I stay in the Schengen area with a Germany (Schengen) visa?
The maximum stay for Germany (Schengen) visa holders is 90 days Per Entry.
What documents do I need to submit an online application?
- Passport Photo - Only use a colored photo during the process. White backdrops are the only thing that is accepted.
- Airline Departure Ticket - Prepare your exit plan for the application process.
- Education/Work History (if applicable) - Going for some other reason besides vacation or official diplomatic business? You'll need to supply education or work information.
- Lodging Confirmation - Have your lodging reservations prepared to show officials.
- Sufficient Funding - Your bank usually can give you enough information to help with this part.
- Passport Bio Information - Three empty passport stamp pages and 6 months of validity left from the date you plan to arrive in the Schengen region.
- Last Page of Passport Scan (if necessary) - Have your passport ready just in case you need to show it to officials.
What is the cost of my visa application for Germany (Schengen Area)?
This will depend on your selection of processing speed:
- If you select Standard Processing, the processing cost will be USD 25.00.
- Applicants that choose Rush Processing will pay USD 45.00.
- Super Rush Processing costs USD 80.00.
How many times can I enter Germany (Schengen) with the visa?
The Germany (Schengen) visa is valid for a Single Entry.
Get a Germany (Schengen) Visa as a Citizen of Suriname
The best time to visit Germany is from early to late summer, April to June, or from August to October. While the lines for attractions may be a little long, this does not always happen in Germany because people tend to leave the area during the summer.
The food, culture, and natural and visual wonders of Germany are only a few clicks away using iVisa's simple digital application for the Germany (Schengen) region.
We know you'll have a great trip!