With its magnificent vistas and historic country castles, Germany is a must-see for any traveler to Europe. But if you'd like to do any of that, you'll need a visa first. It is required if you plan to go on vacation to Germany or the Schengen region. At iVisa, we make it easy to get visas quickly.
Germany (Schengen) Visa Process Questions and Answers
What types of documents and personal information do I need for the application process and interview?
- Funds Documentation - Get a bank statement to help.
- Last Page of Passport Scan (if necessary) - Always bring your passport information when applying for a visa and entering a foreign country.
- Airline Onward Ticket - Prove you will fly out of Germany (Schengen) before your visa ceases to be valid.
- Passport Photo - No black and white photos. Only colored ones with a white background will be accepted.
- Passport Bio Scan - Three empty passport stamp pages and 6 months of validity left from the date you plan to arrive in the Schengen area.
- Former Education/Work History - You'll need to supply education or work information if you are going for that purpose.
- Hotel/Lodging Confirmation - Whether you stay in a hotel, resort. or with a family member or friend, you must show proof that you have a place to stay in the region.
How long can I stay in Germany (Schengen) visa?
The maximum stay for Germany (Schengen) visa holders is 90 days Per Entry.
How long will my visa approval take?
It usually takes about five business days to obtain a visa at the German embassy or consulate after the interview.
Here are the iVisa processing time options:
- Standard Processing takes around 10 Business Days to complete.
- Rush processing will complete your application within 8 Business Days.
- Super Rush processing will complete your application within 6 Business Days.
What is the cost of my visa application for Germany (Schengen Area)?
This will depend on your selection of processing speed:
- If you select Standard Processing, the processing cost will be USD 25.00.
- Applicants that choose Rush Processing will pay USD 45.00.
- Super Rush Processing costs USD 80.00.
How many times can I enter Germany (Schengen) with the visa?
This visa is valid for a Single Entry.
When will the visa expire?
A typical visa for Germany (Schengen) expires 180 days after arrival.
Get a Germany (Schengen) Visa as a Citizen of Thailand
Germany is a nation which has been in the core of Europe for ages. From a rich culture formed by historical impacts, incredible food and architectural design, there's so much to appreciate on a trip to this region of the world. That's what makes it such a great place to visit.
The culture, cities, cleanness, safety, and exciting nightlife of Germany are just a few clicks away, using iVisa's simple digital application for the Germany (Schengen) region.
We know you'll have a great trip!