No matter where you visit, the Schengen region is vibrant and full of culture. If you're from Malawi and are planning a trip to Germany or the Schengen area of Europe, you will need to acquire a visa before you can tour those nations.
The visa process starts by filling out an online application, then you'll have to sit through an interview, and finally pay for your visa and related services.
Frequently Asked Questions | The Germany (Schengen) Visa Process
I am a Malawi resident. Do I need a visa to go to Germany?
Yes, it is required that you have a visa to travel to Germany and/or the Schengen area.
How many days is my visa good for from the time it is ready?
Travel with the visa within 5 years after issued to be certain that it remains valid for traveling.
What's the max number of days I can vacation before I have to leave?
You can vacation for at most 90 days Per Entry before you are required to depart.
Is the visa for Germany (Schengen) a single-entry or multiple-entry visa?
The Germany (Schengen) visa is a Multiple Entry visa.
What's the price of the visa process?
Below are the costs of processing your application (the first step).
- Standard Processing whose total for application is USD $81.99.
- Tourists that choose Rush Processing has to pay USD $82.99.
- Super Rush Processing is USD $86.99.
The actual visa costs EUR 60.
What information is necessary to fill out the application and for the interview?
- Trip Musts - Lodging/hotel information & departure voucher
- Passport Info - Color passport photos, blank pages for stamping purposes, a clear scan of the bio page with your information, and possible access to see the last page of the passport are required.
- Trip & Medical Coverage - Have both enough money for your trip and 30,000 EUR in medical coverage or more to be approved.
- For trade/school - If not there for leisure, prove the reason with an official letter.
How long will it take to process the German visa application?
- Standard Processing: 30 days.
- Rush processing will be completed within 30 days.
- Super Rush processing is best for those who need a visa fast. It processes within 30 days.
Your visa is normally ready within five business days after you're done with your interview.
The Germany (Schengen) Visa | Citizens of Malawi Traveling
Malawi citizens wanting to go to Germany need a visa. So, why not make it easier to obtain one? That's what we do at iVisa. So, apply for your visa wherever you are, and we will help set up your interview and give you a Preparation Guide to help you with the visa process.
Safe travel, and enjoy the Schengen region.