There are about 170 countries whose citizens are visa-exempt when they travel to Hong Kong. India is one of them. As a result, a Hong Kong visa for Indians is not required. However, there is one particular requirement that Indians need to meet, and that is the pre-arrival registration. While Indians can travel to Hong Kong and stay there for 14 days visa free, they need to get the notification slip that attests their registration. Fortunately, the registration can be obtained online using the services rendered by iVisa.
What are the requirements?
When you apply for the pre-arrival registration online on iVisa’s website, the requirements are easy to meet. There is very little you must do. Here is what you must provide so that iVisa can acquire the registration for you:
Passport – all Indian applicants must have a valid passport that remains valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Hong Kong
Valid e-mail address – when you apply online, iVisa will send you the notification slip via e-mail, which is why you need an e-mail address to which you have access.
- Means of payment – the payment must be made during the application process, and iVisa accepts multiple means of payment such as credit/debit cards, Paypal, Alipay, and WeChat.
The pre-arrival registration application process
iVisa has created a straightforward application process so that you do not spend too much time on it. You should be done with the form in 20 minutes, and if you require some help with it, iVisa provides 24/7 support service.
There are three steps you need to go through. The first one will require you to fill in your general information such as name, address, passport info, and so on. At this point, you must also select a processing time. Keep in mind that your selection determines the cost of your pre-arrival registration. The document itself is free, but iVisa charges a fee for its services. Here are your options:
Standard processing – you will receive your notification slip in one business day, and you will be charged $25.
Rush processing – this time, it will take two hours for your application to be processed, and you need to pay $55.
- Super Rush processing – this is the fastest option you have, and you can use it while checking in your flight. It takes only 15 minutes to receive the registration notification slip, but you need to pay $75 for the rush.
The second step of the online application form consists of revision and payment. It is crucial that you make sure all the info on your form is 100% accurate and there are no typos. You will not have the chance to make other corrections along the way. As for payment, use one of the methods listed above.
The third and last step of the application process is for additional documents upload (if necessary), and you must also answer a set of personal questions. That should not take you long, and the questions are simple. Once you are done with that, just submit your application and wait for the pre-arrival registration notification slip to arrive in your inbox in the timeframe of your choice.
The bottom line is that while a Hong Kong visa for Indians is not necessary because India is a visa-exempt country, Indians need to get a pre-arrival registration to enter the region. The allowed maximum stay is 14 days, and the notification slip is valid for 6 months. As a result, you can travel to Hong Kong multiple times within those 6 months, as long as you do not stay there more than 14 days per entry.
Apply for a Hong Kong Visa
Hong Kong Articles
- Do I need a Hong Kong tourist visa?
- Do I need a visa for Hong Kong?
- Hong Kong visa for Indians
- Hong Kong visa policy
- Hong Kong visa requirements
- How to get a Hong Kong visit visa
- How to obtain a Hong Kong travel visa?
- Is a Hong Kong visa on arrival available?
- Is the Hong Kong visa on arrival for Indian citizens still available?
- The requirements for Hong Kong visa-free nationalities
- What you need to know about the Hong Kong visa application form