India, the land of colors, spicy food, friendly people, Ganges river, religions, holy buildings and sites. Its no wonder that millions of people visit this Asian country every year. And traveling to India in 2017 is now becoming easier than ever before.
Passport holders from more than 150 countries can now apply for their Indian Electronic Travel Authorization online, better known as the Indian Electronic Visa. The Indian Government has made the process really easy and best of all is you can apply for an electronic visa by using a smartphone or computer from anywhere in the world.
You may wonder how the electronic visa to India work, well it is easy!
First you need to understand that there are 3 types of Indian eVisas that you can apply for;
- eMedical visa.
You apply for these electronic visas by completing an easy to use online application form found here at iVisa. After completing the online application form and uploading your digital photo and passport copy, you will receive your Indian Electronic Visa by email in a PDF document attached. This document is issued by the Indian Government, Department of Home Affairs. You then print the document and take it with you when you travel to India! Its that simple.
What are the changes regarding Indian Electronic Visas?
A few changes were recently made by the Indian Government to improve the tourism industry by simplifying the application process for everyone who wishes to travel to India.
The India Electronic Visa now allows you to stay in India for 60 days (an increase from the previous 30 day allowance) and in addition to the increase in number of days that you can stay, the tourist/business visas now comes with 2 entries (double) and the medical visa comes with 3/triple entries.
Also note that these Indian visas are now valid for 120 days and allows you to stay for a maximum of 60 days within India.
Example: If you apply on 1 Sept 2017 then you can enter the country any time from 5 Sept to 2 Jan 2018. Note: It takes 4 days for your visa applications to be approved.
The Indian electronic visa is now valid to be used at 24 airports instead of the previous 16.
Ahmedabad, Amritsar, Bagdogra, Bengaluru, Calicut, Chennai, Chandigarh,Cochin, Coimbatore, Delhi, Gaya, Goa, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mangalore, Mumbai, Nagpur, Pune, Tiruchirapalli, Trivandrum & Varanasi.
You can also use the visa to enter at these 3 Indian seaports:
Cochin, Goa, Mangalore.
Visit iVisa.com today to see if you qualify to apply online for the Indian Tourist / Business or Medical Visa. iVisa accepts applications 24/7 and offer a wide variety of delivery options. It is an easy and safe process.
Apply for an Indian Visa
- India Comes Alive when Monsoon Season Arrives
- India Electronic Visa Changes
- India Visa for Australian Passport Holders
- India Visa for Canadian Passport Holders
- India Visa for Malaysians
- India Visa for U.S. Citizens (Americans)
- India Visa for UK Citizens
- India business visa checklist
- India business visa fees and costs
- India business visa for Australian citizens
- India business visa processing time and duration
- Indian Business Visa
- Indian business visa for Singapore citizens
- Indian business visa for UK citizens
- Indian business visas for US citizens
- Indian medical visa
- Lost OCI Card or Lost OCI Booklet?
- Save time when landing at Indira Gandhi International Airport in Delhi
- Update on how to get your India visa online