According to the Henley passport ranking index, India holds the 81st place on the list. This list is made keeping in mind the freedom that the citizens of a country get while travelling. This freedom is measured based on the number of countries the citizens of a country can visit without a visa. India is among those countries which gives its citizens a lot of travel freedom.
To be precise, there are a total of 61 countries that the citizens of India can visit without making any advanced visa applications. This includes 20 countries that do not require any visa at all, while there are 41 countries that provide Indians with a visa at the time of arrival. Both of these categories are great as they give a lot of freedom to Indians if they like travelling.
A Visa on arrival may sound like a lot of work but the truth is it is just as simple as the visa free process. The visa on arrival does not involve applications or a lot of paperwork. Any Indian can get a visa on arrival in the 41 countries if found eligible, all they need to facilitate is the stamping of the passport.
So if there are empty pages on the passport and the traveller is eligible then getting entry into these 41 countries is extremely simple. However, this entry in the country would be valid only for a certain period of time. The time period of stay is decided by the authorities of the country and is usually between 30 to 180 days. It can be more but once this period is over, the visa on arrival would also expire and it would mean exiting the country. The facility of visa on arrivals allows travellers to have a lot of freedom in travelling. Getting a visa at the time of arrival means that there is no need to make applications for visas months in advance. Another perk that comes with both visas on arrival and not needing a visa is that a lot of money is saved that is usually sent on visa applications.
Indian citizens can enjoy themselves to the fullest by visiting any of these 61 countries without having to worry about a visa. Travelling is all about enjoyment and this privilege is what makes your trip truly wonderful.
What if the country that I want to visit is not on the list?
There are numerous countries all around the world but there are only 61 countries that allow you to visit them without a visa. So the chances of your destination not being on the list are very high. If this is the case with you and the place that you wish to visit requires a visa then you do not need to worry.
You can apply for your visa or any other travel related document without having to worry about anything on iVisa.com. We try our best to make the process of visa applications simple for you so that you can obtain your visa easily.
Obtaining travel documents with the help of iVisa.com is very easy. The services provided by iVisa.com include the following:
- Simple online forms. All of our online forms have simple language. This is done so that anyone who wishes to apply can easily understand the questions.
- An expert team for reviewing documents. It is essential to make sure that there are no errors in your application form to increase the chances of approval. For this purpose we have a team of experts that work solely to review your applications and supporting documents to eliminate the chances of errors.
- 100% government compliant photos. We also have a photo service that makes sure all of the photos uploaded are compliant with the standards of the government so that your photo does not get rejected.
- Guidance every step of the way. We also have a customer support service which is responsible for providing assistance to anyone who would require it. The service functions 24/7 which means that they can be contacted any time for assistance and guidance in the application.
Use the visa checker on iVisa.com right away to learn if you require a visa to visit the country that you want. If a visa is required then you can move ahead with your visa application on the site right away.
List of visa-free countries for the citizens of India
All Indian citizens can surely visit 61 countries without any visa but there still can be some additional requirements. So to be sure about that you check the list carefully and make sure about the requirements.
- Cook Islands
- Marshall Islands: entry with visa on arrival
- Palau Islands: entry with visa on arrival
- Samoa: entry with visa on arrival
- Tuvalu: entry with visa on arrival
- Iran: entry with visa on arrival
- Jordan: entry with visa on arrival
- British Virgin Islands
- St. Kitts and Nevis
- St. Lucia: entry with visa on arrival
- St. Vincent and the Grenadines
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Cambodia: entry with visa on arrival
- Laos: entry with visa on arrival
- Macao (SAR China)
- Maldives: entry with visa on arrival
- Myanmar: entry with visa on arrival
- Sri Lanka: entry with visa on arrival
- Thailand: entry with visa on arrival
- Timor-Leste: entry with visa on arrival
- Bolivia: entry with visa on arrival
- El Salvador
- Botswana: entry with visa on arrival
- Cape Verde Islands: entry with visa on arrival
- Comores Islands: entry with visa on arrival
- Ethiopia: entry with visa on arrival
- Gabon: entry with visa on arrival
- Guinea-Bissau: entry with visa on arrival
- Kenya: entry with visa on arrival
- Madagascar: entry with visa on arrival
- Mauritania: entry with visa on arrival
- Mozambique: entry with visa on arrival
- Rwanda: entry with visa on arrival
- Seychelles: entry with visa on arrival
- Sierra Leone: entry with visa on arrival
- Somalia: entry with visa on arrival
- Tanzania: entry with visa on arrival
- Togo: entry with visa on arrival
- Uganda: entry with visa on arrival
- Zimbabwe: entry with visa on arrival
You can take a trip to all of the countries mentioned above without having a visa but to visit some of those countries you will need a health declaration form. This is done to ensure that the spread of different diseases such as the COVID-19 is limited.
After you check all the requirements and decide on the place that you wish to visit you can use Universal Travel Checklist and take the trip that you want.