Please note: The India Visa for Malaysians is not currently available to apply for, we hope that the Indian Government decides to resume service soon so we can continue to help you with the process. In the meantime, read below all about how to apply for the India Tourist Visa.
Are you considering seeing more of the world? From having one of the Wonders of the World, to its colors and spices, India is the perfect destination for many.
That's because the whole purpose of traveling is getting exposed to new cultures, histories, and ideas you might otherwise be unaware of. There is no better place to discover all this than in a country that is beautiful in any weather.
If you're a Malaysian passport holder preparing to tour around India, you probably have a few questions concerning the travel requirements to apply for an Indian eVisa. Read below to find the answers to some of the most commonly asked questions
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
I HAVE A MALAYSIAN PASSPORT, DO I NEED A VISA TO VISIT INDIA?
Yes, you will need a traditional or an electronic tourist visa. Although most people will only consider investing in a traditional visa, this could take some extra time and sometimes extra money. Worst still, you might invest a lot of time going to the embassy.
If you opt to use iVisa to get your electronic visa to enter India, you will find the process to be relatively simple and fast. iVisa is an online website dedicated to providing fast and secure electronic visas. You can check the requirements to apply for an eVisa here.
WHICH VISA TYPES ARE AVAILABLE FOR MALAYSIAN PASSPORT HOLDERS?
The following India Visas are available for Malaysian passport holders visiting India:
NOTE: This blog is about the India Tourist eVisa. Information can vary for the Business and Medical Visas, click the links to find out the exact requirements.
WHAT IS AN INDIA TOURIST EVISA?
The India Tourist eVisa is an official document permitting entry into and travel within India and is electronically linked to your passport.
HOW LONG CAN VISITORS WITH A MALAYSIAN PASSPORT STAY IN INDIA WITH A TOURIST EVISA?
There are 3 Tourist visa types available to Malaysian visitors entering India with a Tourist eVisa.
- The double entry Tourist eVisa - Valid for 30 days
- The Multiple entry Tourist eVisa - Valid for 1 year
- The Multiple entry Tourist eVisa - Valid for 5 years
Both the 1year and 5 years visas allows for a continuous stay during each visit which shall not exceed 90 days in Total.
All 3 visa types should be used within 120 days (4 months) of issue.
WHAT ARE THE DOCUMENTS REQUIRED TO APPLY?
To apply online with iVisa, we require just a few documents from you:
- Valid passport – the general requirement is that your passport needs to be valid for three months after your visa expires.
- A passport scan – we only need the information page of your passport. Here you will find instructions on how to take the best passport scan for your application.
- A passport photo – that needs to follow these requirements.
- E-mail address – when applying with iVisa, your visa will be sent to you via e-mail, so make sure that you include a valid e-mail address.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts multiple methods of payment such as credit and debit cards. Do not forget to double-check the spelling and information is correct before submitting your application.
HOW LONG IS THE INDIA TOURIST EVISA VALID?
Your Tourist eVisa for India will be valid for 1, 5 years or 30 days after issue depending on which type you applied for. See above.
WHAT ARE THE PROCESSING TIMES AND PRICES?
Our prices are very affordable and we have three options available, depending on your budget and how fast you need your visa:
- Standard processing – your Tourist eVisa will be sent in a maximum of 5 days for the total price of USD 86.22
- Rush processing – with this option, you will receive your visa within 3 days, and the total price of it is USD 131.34
- Super rush processing – the fastest option available. You will get your eVisa in only 36 hours, and you will be charged USD 185.49.
HOW DOES THE INDIA TOURIST EVISA WORK?
iVisa handles the process to get your eVisa by using the India eVisa system. We enter the information provided by you in the India eVisa system, then, the government checks it out and grants your eVisa that we will then send you by email. So, your Indian Tourist eVisa is issued electronically by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Indian Government.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO APPLY FOR AN INDIAN TOURIST EVISA?
Less than 10 minutes. Just need to fill in our simple application form with the documents mentioned above. Let iVisa handle the rest!
HOW CAN I APPLY FOR AN INDIAN TOURIST EVISA?
The process to apply online is very easy::
- Fill in your general information and choose the processing time from the options mentioned above.
- Please revise step one and make the payment accordingly.
- The last step consists of a questionnaire and a photo upload. At this point you will need to upload your passport scan. Other documents may be required as well, but it depends on personal circumstances.
Finally submit your form and wait for your visa to arrive by email.
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER I HAVE APPLIED?
Once you submit your application, you just need to wait for your visa to arrive on the timeframe chosen. We will send it to you by email in PDF format. You do not need to go to the embassy anymore! Then, you need to print your Tourist eVisa to show on arrival in India.
DO MINORS NEED TO GET SEPARATE TOURIST EVISA?
Yes, every passenger must hold a valid eVisa, regardless of their age.
HOW CAN I APPLY FOR MY FAMILY OR FRIENDS?
To apply for others, you will need to have all their documents required (mentioned above). Then, you just fill in the application form with his or her information. If you are applying for more than one person, just click on "Add new applicant" and follow the same process.
DO I REQUIRE A YELLOW FEVER VACCINE WHEN TRAVELING TO INDIA?
It will depend on your nationality. India will require proof of yellow fever vaccination if you are arriving from a country with risk of yellow fever. You can see more info here.
WHAT CAN I DO IF I MAKE A MISTAKE IN MY APPLICATION?
If this is the case, then please contact one of our customer service representatives online by clicking here, and we will assist you immediately. Your India Tourist eVisa is linked to your passport number, if we already submitted your application, then you can NOT make any changes and you will have to apply again but we will NOT charge you another service fee.
IS IT SAFE TO USE IVISA TO GET MY INDIA TOURIST EVISA?
We provide maximum safety for your personal data, confidentiality, and we invest a lot in the security of our database. Your personal information could not be safer. You can check what hundreds of happy customers say about us here.