French who plan a trip to India for tourism, business, or medical reasons are no longer required to obtain a consular visa to enter the country. That is because India adopted the electronic visa system. As a result, you can apply for an India visa online. iVisa can help you obtain it in as little as 36 hours.
India Visa for the citizens of France – requirements
While the online application process is far more accessible than the one at the embassy, you still need to make sure that you meet a minimum of requirements. Even so, you will have an easy time acquiring everything necessary. Here is what you will need:
- Passport – all applicants who wish to obtain an India e-visa must hold a valid passport. The document needs to be valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in India. Moreover, you have to scan the passport’s information page. You will be required to upload it in PDF format during the application process.
- Digital passport photo – you need to make sure that the picture is taken recently and meets all the other guidelines for a valid passport photo. The format needs to be JPEG.
- E-mail address – iVisa will send you the travel document via e-mail as soon as it is issued. That is why you need to provide a valid address to which you have access. Do not forget to print out at least one physical copy before departure.
- Means of payment – iVisa is pretty flexible when it comes to payment. You can use a credit or debit card, but if you have an account with PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat, you can use one of them as well.
India Visa for the citizens of France – processing time and fees
The cost of your India visa depends on the processing time option you choose for your application, as well as the visa type. When it comes to the former, iVisa gives you three options so that you can select the one that is most convenient for you. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – your India visa arrives within 5 days, and you have to pay $117.
- Rush processing – choosing this option means that your application is processed within 3 business days, and the fee is $147.
- Super Rush processing – your application is processed within just 36 hours (2 business days for the Medical Visa), and you are charged $182.
When it comes to visa type, the fees for the Tourist Visa are listed above. The [India Business visa] and the India Medical Visa will cost you an additional $10 per processing time.
The online application form
After you have everything that you need, you can proceed to fill in the application form. Remember that if you need any help or you have questions about the process, you can contact iVisa’s customer support. It is available non-stop and free of charge.
iVisa created a short and simple for that is broken down into three steps. The first one asks for your personal information, passport info, as well as travel details. You also have to choose a processing time and visa type at this point. The second step wants you to handle the payment and carefully review your form, while the third requires you to upload the supporting documents of your application. When you are done, you can submit your request, and iVisa will take it from there.
The bottom line is that the process of getting an India Visa for the citizens of France is incredibly accessible when you apply with iVisa. The document is valid for 1 year since your arrival in India, you are granted multiple entries and you can stay for up to 90 days per visit.