The citizens of Kenya who wish to travel to India for tourism, business, or medical purposes are not required to obtain a consular visa from the nearest Indian diplomatic mission. That is because as a Kenyan national, you are eligible for an electronic visa. iVisa can help you with the online application process. As a result, the travel document you need can be in your possession in just 36 hours.
India Visa for the citizens of Kenya – requirements
The requirements for an India Visa for the citizens of Kenya are the same as for every other eligible nationality. The list is quite short, and the chances of you already having everything on it are pretty high. Here is what you will need for a successful application process:
- Passport – all applicants who wish to obtain an India e-visa must hold a valid passport. The document needs to be valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in India. Moreover, you have to scan the passport’s information page. You will be required to upload it in PDF format during the application process.
- Digital passport photo – you need to make sure that the picture is taken recently and meets all the other guidelines for a valid passport photo. The format needs to be JPEG.
- E-mail address – iVisa will send you the travel document via e-mail as soon as it is issued. That is why you need to provide a valid address to which you have access. Do not forget to print out at least one physical copy before departure.
- Means of payment – iVisa is pretty flexible when it comes to payment. You can use a credit or debit card, but if you have an account with PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat, you can use one of them as well.
India Visa for the citizens of Kenya – the online application form
The next thing on your to-do list is to access the application page and fill in the application form. That should not take you more than 20 minutes, but if you need some help or have concerns about the process, feel free to reach iVisa’s customer support. The service is open 24/7 and does not charge.
iVisa split the application form into three parts for your convenience. The first one wants you to provide general information about yourself and your trip, but you also need to select a processing time for your application, as well as a visa type. Keep in mind that both factors will determine the cost of your India visa. When it comes to processing, you are given three options:
- Standard processing – your India visa arrives within 5 days, and you have to pay $117.
- Rush processing – choosing this option means that your application is processed within 3 business days, and the fee is $147.
- Super Rush processing – your application is processed within just 36 hours (2 business days for the Medical Visa), and you are charged $182.
As for the visa type, the fees for the Tourist Visa are listed above. The [India Business visa] and the India Medical Visa will cost you an additional $10 per processing time.
The second part focuses on payment and review. Make sure that all the information in your form is 100% correct. Otherwise, you can end up with an invalid visa. And finally, the third part wants you to upload the documents that support your application. When you are finished, you can submit your request, and iVisa will handle the bureaucracy that follows.
As you can see, the online process of getting an India Visa for the citizens of Kenya is not at all complicated. The document you receive is valid for 1 year since the date of issue, you can use it to enter India multiple times, and once you arrive, you are allowed to stay for up to 90 days per entry.