Before you decide to acquire the OCI card, you must check the OCI card benefits and drawbacks. Luckily, iVisa.com has an expert team with the simplicity, speed, and security to help you.
The OCI card allows you to work and live in India. However, you will need to surrender your Indian passport during the process. Evaluate your possibilities with our expert advice. Keep checking the OCI card benefits and drawbacks.
How can I acquire my OCI card with iVisa.com?
- Explore the application page.
- Fill out the online application.
- Our team will check your details.
- We will send a preparation guide with further steps.
- Ship the physical application to the VFS Application Center.
- Expect the OCI card in 5 to 6 weeks.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the OCI card benefits and drawbacks?
The OCI card is a lifelong visa. You can acquire it if you can prove you have an Indian origin. The OCI card benefits refer to the rights you gain, like working, living, and entering India as many times as you want.
One of the major drawbacks is that you must surrender your Indian passport as India doesn’t accept dual citizenship. Still, this is a chance for Indians living and working abroad. They can enter India with the OCI card without any issues.
Let us help you with the OCI card benefits and drawbacks.
What are the OCI card requirements?
You must have the following:
- A passport scan, your passport should have a 6-month validity.
- A valid email address to receive our online communications.
- A payment method, select between a Paypal account or a credit/debit card.
Also, you should have these items:
- Digital photo.
- Digital signature.
- Proof of address.
We could require more documentation according to the motive of your application. Keep reading about the OCI card benefits and drawbacks.
What are the OCI card processing times?
- Standard Processing Time: USD 406.00 - 2 days.
- Rush Processing Time: USD 416.00 - 24 hours.
- Super Rush Processing Time: USD 431.00 - 4 hours.
How can I apply?
- Fill out the application form. Pick a processing time (Standard, Rush, or Super Rush).
- Verify that your details are correct. Select a payment alternative between a Paypal account or credit/debit card.
- Attach any supporting documents, if required.
Once you complete these steps, we will send you a preparation guide with further information. You must send the application packet to the VFS Application Center. Once your documents arrive at the Indian consulate, it will take around 5 to 6 weeks to process.
We can help you with the OCI card benefits and drawbacks.
Can I trust iVisa.com?
Of course! We have established strict security guidelines for all our services. We are ready to explain the OCI card benefits and drawbacks.
Explore the comments section and confirm we have the best service for you.
Who should I contact if I have some doubts?
Communicate with our support agents who are available 24 hours a day. They can solve your doubts about the OCI card benefits and drawbacks.
We know that one trip to India isn’t enough to explore the vast majority of the country. Therefore, we have collected the most impressive sites in India. Visit Varanasi and indulge in the spirituality the whole site emanates. Hindu people go to Varanasi to cremate their dead and perform a ritual to throw the ashes on the Ganges River, which is considered a holy natural wonder. Check the famous burning ghats and continue your journey.
Visit the Taj Mahal, which is the most famous landmark in India. The construction has a love story that all visitors adore. We recommend visiting early in the morning and don’t hesitate to take as many photos as you would like. If you stay too long, you may encounter big crowds of people. Try to keep a good spirit during the whole ordeal!
Visit Anjuna, where you will find a city full of hippie vibes. You can enjoy peaceful music, yoga retreats, and a chill attitude among locals and foreigners who have made this place their home. Also, don’t miss Goa beach, which is very close. It’s time to get the OCI card!