Want to visit India? It's important to note that the Indian Government has recently changed a few more rules regarding their electronic visas.
Changes: India online visa validity and how early you can apply
You still have to apply for your visa to India online at least 4 days in advance of your date of arrival to India, BUT now your India eVisa will come with a “window of arrival” period of 120 days.
What does this actually mean for travelers?
Well, this means that if you apply for your India Visa on the 1st of September then your arrival date to India has to be anywhere between the 5th of September to the 2nd of January - 120 days/4 months. This is great as you can now apply for your India visa far ahead of your actual arrival date to India. So if you make changes regarding your arrival date you will have the flexibility to change it without having to re-apply for a new Indian Visa.
And in addition to this change, your India eVisa will now be valid for 60 days.
The India tourist visa is valid for 60 days and comes with 2 entries, same rules apply for the business eVisa. The medical eVisa works a bit different in the sense that you also cannot stay for periods longer than 60 days in India BUT you will have 3 entries.
How do I apply online for a visa to India?
Apply online at iVisa. Its an easy process and once you completed your online form, which should not take more than 5-10 mins, our customer service team will guide you through the process and notify you of the status of your order. Check out the iVisa Video.
To apply for a visa to India you will need
- Valid Passport.
- A digital photo
- A passport scan of the information page (This is the page with your photo and info).
- Answer a set of personal questions (Questions like you parents names, address etc).
- Credit/debit card or Paypal account.
- Business Card copy and Invitation Letter (if applicable) for the Business eVisa
- Letter from the Hospital in India for Medical eVisa
Can I use this type of India to enter the country anywhere?
One question a lot of people ask is that since you are not required to go to an Indian embassy to get a visa, what is the catch, it just simply seems too good to be true.
For example, you might wonder if you can use this type of Indian visa when arriving by car to India.
Well, the e-visa can only be used at the following airports (May 2017): Ahmedabad, Amritsar, Bagdogra, Bengaluru, Calicut, Chennai, Chandigarh,Cochin, Coimbatore, Delhi, Gaya, Goa, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mangalore, Mumbai, Nagpur, Pune, Tiruchirapalli, Trivandrum & Varanas
You can also enter India with you eVisa at the following 3 seaports:
Cochin, Goa and Mangalor. This is a great option for people arriving to India visa cruise ship!
The application is simple and you can start planning your trip instead of stressing about your visa.
- India Comes Alive when Monsoon Season Arrives
- India Electronic Visa Changes
- India Visa for Australian Passport Holders
- India Visa for Canadian Passport Holders
- India Visa for Malaysians
- India Visa for U.S. Citizens (Americans)
- India Visa for UK Citizens
- India business visa checklist
- India business visa fees and costs
- India business visa for Australian citizens
- India business visa processing time and duration
- Indian Business Visa
- Indian business visa for Singapore citizens
- Indian business visa for UK citizens
- Indian business visas for US citizens
- Indian medical visa
- Lost OCI Card or Lost OCI Booklet?
- Save time when landing at Indira Gandhi International Airport in Delhi
- Update on how to get your India visa online