As the travel industry adapts to the coronavirus pandemic, governments around the world are setting up new systems to welcome travellers into the country while also trying to be mindful of their health and safety. Ireland has introduced an Ireland COVID-19 Passenger Locator Form for travellers entering the country.
To better understand the process, we have put together the following FAQs. Keep reading so you can make your way to Ireland, toute suite!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs)
WHAT IS THE PASSENGER LOCATOR FORM?
It is a new form introduced in Ireland and here is how it helps relevant authorities:
- To contact you to verify the information you provided on the form in the 14 days following your arrival
- To help you with public health advice relating to COVID-19
- Contact tracing in relation to confirmed or suspected cases of COVID-19
This is why it is imperative that you fill the Ireland COVID-19 Passenger Locator Form with accurate details of your contact and travel information and have it on your person at all times for its validity period ie. 15 days from the date of entry.
Do I need a COVID vaccine or vaccination certificate to enter Ireland?
No, you don't. COVID vaccination certificates are not mandatory to enter Ireland. Now if you are a Covid vaccine certificate holder, you won't need to present a negative PCR test nor to follow a quarantine.
Approved vaccines are Pfizer, AstraZeneca, Moderna, Janssen, Sinovac, Sinopharm, Covaxin, Nuvaxovid.
You are fully vaccinated:
- 7 days after your second Pfizer-BioNTech dose
- 15 days after your second AstraZeneca dose
- 14 days after the Janssen vaccine
- 14 days after your second Moderna, Sinovac, Sinopharm, Covaxin, Nuvaxovid dose
Do I need a negative COVID-19 test result to enter Ireland?
- COVID test prior to arrival- unvaccinated travelers only: PCR within 72 hours.
- COVID test exemptions: Children under 11 and fully vaccinated travelers
Do I have to remain in quarantine?
- Quarantine requirements: There are no quarantine requirements in Ireland.
IS IT COMPULSORY FOR ME TO FILL IT IN?
This form will help in tracking the spread of coronavirus by monitoring the traveller through the information they have provided through the form. In case of any updates or risk of infection, relevant authorities will alert you of changes.
Given that France is not on Ireland’s COVID-19 Green List, you must fill out the Ireland COVID-19 Passenger Locator Form before entering Ireland. Not doing so is a punishable offence, unless you are:
- A passenger arriving from Northern Ireland
- A passenger leaving their port or airport of arrival without exiting
- A driver of a heavy goods vehicle
- An aircraft or ship crew
- A foreign diplomat
If you are not one of these people, then it’s time you started filling out the Ireland COVID-19 Passenger Locator Form!
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS FOR THE FORM?
In order to have a smooth application process, it’s best if you get all your things together and then sit down with time to apply. Here’s what you will need to enter:
- Your contact information
- Your biodata and nationality information
- Your passport number - ensure that it has at least a 6-month validity
- Details of your mode of transport
- And your travel itinerary
HOW MUCH WILL THE APPLICATION COST?
At iVisa.com, we know you have different needs and different times. So we have created a price and time range so you can choose what suits you best. Take a look!
1.Go for our Standard Option if you can give us 24 hours to deliver. This option is priced at USD 24.00.
2.Don’t have a whole day on hand? Don’t worry, this is where our Rush Option comes in. 8 hours delivery window and just at USD 42.00.
3.Really have no time? Choose the Super Rush Option and get us to deliver it to you at lightning speed ie. 4 hours, at only USD 72.00!
You come first and we’re always up to help out. Cliquez ici if you have any questions and get connected to our customer agent team, now!
WHAT I DO IF I START DEVELOPING SYMPTOMS IN IRELAND?
Contact your GP back home, or try calling HSELive on 1850 24 1850 as soon as you can! The Irish authorities will contact you if they find that you were in contact with anyone who tested positive by reaching out to you through the contact information you registered on the COVID-19 Passenger Locator Form. So make sure you get that right!
Meanwhile, don’t go to work or public areas. Try not to come in contact with anyone until your status is confirmed. You can order your groceries online while browsing through the various places you’ll visit next on the iVisa.com website!
WAIT! I HAVE MORE QUESTIONS.
Reach out to us! We’re here for you 24*7 and look forward to answering any and all doubts you have. Simply click here and you’ll be put in touch with one of our amazing customer agents.
L'Irlande, nous voici. Apply now through iVisa.com and get your COVID-19 Passenger Locator Form as quick as ever!