Soon, travellers from Latvia will be able to obtain an electronic visa to visit Japan. Japan is full of wonders and excitement, and tourists will soon be able to access most visas through an online system. You no longer need to go to the consulate or embassy.
Applying for an e-Visa is a quick, digital process. Based on your circumstances, you may need to get a specific visa for work, school, or longer vacations.
Frequently Asked Questions | Japan e-Visa: Latvia
The Japan e-Visa program begins in April 2020. The Q&As below are based on typical visa rules and regulations.
Do I need a visa to enter Japan?
It depends on the circumstances of your journey. Most citizens of Latvia are entitled to stay in Japan for up to 90 days without a visa.
However, if you are going for some reason besides tourism, you may need to apply for an e-Visa to be able to enter Japan. For example, if you go to Japan for work, you will most likely need to get a relevant visa.
What is the cost of a visa for Japan?
The cost of a Japanese e-Visa depends on which visa type and processing speed you choose. Typically, visas can cost from $6 USD to $150 USD based on your nationality and your reasons for going to Japan.
How long does it take to process a Japan e-Visa?
We offer Standard, Rush, and Super Rush processing. Once the e-Visa program begins in 2020, your online e-Visa application could take two weeks or less to process. The processing time will depend on what Japan’s government requires.
How long can I stay in Japan with an e-Visa?
Every visa has a maximum number of days it can be used while you’re in Japan. For the Japan e-Visa, it depends on which visa type you choose. You may be able to stay up to 90 days, or you may have a visa that allows you to stay 6 months or more in the country.
When will my Japan e-Visa expire?
Be sure your vacation dates align with your visa expiration date. Most Japanese visas will be good for up to 90 days from the date of issuance.
What do I need to apply for an e-Visa online for Japan?
Citizens of Latvia applying for a Japan e-Visa will need the following for the application and to enter Japan:
- Passport - Your passport needs to remain valid for at least another 6 months, and you will need two blank pages for stamping.
- Color Passport Photo - You will need to provide a recent color passport photo (not black and white).
- Financial Ability - You’ll need to prove that you have the means to take care of yourself while in Japan.
- Lodging Information - Have you got a place to stay? You’ll be required to show this documentation before entering Japan.
- Departure Ticket - Show customs officials that before your visa expires, you plan to leave Japan.
- Payment Method - We accept PayPal and major credit/debit cards like Visa and Mastercard.
Get an e-Visa for Japan as a Citizen of Latvia
We hope you have a wonderful time in Japan. Go ahead and bookmark this site so you can come back and apply for your Japanese e-Visa in April 2020.