Are you planning a trip to Japan? If so, as a citizen of Mexico, you may need a visa before you go. While you can travel to the nearest embassy or consulate for your visa, Japan will begin an e-Visa program in April 2020. This electronic visa program will give you access to a visa application for Japan from wherever you are in the world.
Save yourself some time. Secure your e-Visa as soon as the program begins, and go ahead and bookmark this page.
Frequently Asked Questions | Japan e-Visa: Mexico
The Japan e-Visa program begins in April 2020. The Q&As below are based on typical visa rules and regulations.
Do I need a visa to enter Japan?
Most residents of Mexico can vacation in Japan for up to 90 days without a visa. But, depending on your travel plans, you may still need to get an e-Visa if you want to stay in Japan longer or for a reason besides going on vacation.
As an example, you may want to spend six months in Japan for trade purposes or for an extended vacation. In this case, you will need a visa to stay longer.
What is the cost of a visa for Japan?
The cost of a Japanese e-Visa depends on which visa type and processing speed you choose. Typically, visas can cost from $6 USD to $150 USD based on your nationality and your reasons for going to Japan.
How long does it take to process a Japan e-Visa?
We offer Standard, Rush, and Super Rush processing. Once the e-Visa program begins in 2020, your online e-Visa application could take two weeks or less to process. The processing time will depend on what Japan’s government requires.
How long can I stay in Japan with an e-Visa?
Every visa has a maximum number of days it can be used while you’re in Japan. For the Japan e-Visa, it depends on which visa type you choose. You may be able to stay up to 90 days, or you may have a visa that allows you to stay 6 months or more in the country.
When will my Japan e-Visa expire?
Be sure your vacation dates align with your visa expiration date. Most Japanese visas will be good for up to 90 days from the date of issuance.
What do I need to apply for an e-Visa online for Japan?
Citizens of Mexico applying for a Japan e-Visa will need the following for the application and to enter Japan:
- Passport - Your passport needs to remain valid for at least another 6 months, and you will need two blank pages for stamping.
- Color Passport Photo - You will need to provide a recent color passport photo (not black and white).
- Financial Ability - You’ll need to prove that you have the means to take care of yourself while in Japan.
- Lodging Information - Have you got a place to stay? You’ll be required to show this documentation before entering Japan.
- Departure Ticket - Show customs officials that before your visa expires, you plan to leave Japan.
- Payment Method - We accept PayPal and major credit/debit cards like Visa and Mastercard.
Get an e-Visa for Japan as a Citizen of Mexico
Mexico residents will be able to apply for an e-Visa for Japan beginning in April 2020. Bookmark this page and be ready to secure your visa online soon.
Whether you're going to the Olympic Games in 2020 or just going to enjoy all of Tokyo's amazing food, have a healthy and fantastic journey.