As a citizen of New Zealand, you may need a visa to enter Japan. Starting in April 2020, Japan’s government will release the e-Visa program, which is designed to make it easier on travelers to obtain a visa from anywhere in the world.
When getting ready to travel, e-Visas make it a lot easier to prepare. Secure your e-Visa as soon as the program begins. Go ahead and bookmark this page.
Frequently Asked Questions | Japan e-Visa: New Zealand
The Japan e-Visa program begins in April 2020. The Q&As below are based on typical visa rules and regulations.
Do I need a visa to enter Japan?
Most residents of New Zealand can vacation in Japan for up to 90 days without a visa. But, depending on your travel plans, you may still need to get an e-Visa if you want to stay in Japan longer or for a reason besides going on vacation.
As an example, you may want to spend six months in Japan for trade purposes or for an extended vacation. In this case, you will need a visa to stay longer.
What is the cost of a visa for Japan?
The cost of a Japanese e-Visa depends on which visa type and processing speed you choose. Typically, visas can cost from $6 USD to $150 USD based on your nationality and your reasons for going to Japan.
How long does it take to process a Japan e-Visa?
We offer Standard, Rush, and Super Rush processing. Once the e-Visa program begins in 2020, your online e-Visa application could take two weeks or less to process. The processing time will depend on what Japan’s government requires.
How long can I stay in Japan with an e-Visa?
Every visa has a maximum number of days it can be used while you’re in Japan. For the Japan e-Visa, it depends on which visa type you choose. You may be able to stay up to 90 days, or you may have a visa that allows you to stay 6 months or more in the country.
When will my Japan e-Visa expire?
Be sure your vacation dates align with your visa expiration date. Most Japanese visas will be good for up to 90 days from the date of issuance.
What do I need to apply for an e-Visa online for Japan?
Citizens of New Zealand applying for a Japan e-Visa will need the following for the application and to enter Japan:
- Passport - Your passport needs to remain valid for at least another 6 months, and you will need two blank pages for stamping.
- Color Passport Photo - You will need to provide a recent color passport photo (not black and white).
- Financial Ability - You’ll need to prove that you have the means to take care of yourself while in Japan.
- Lodging Information - Have you got a place to stay? You’ll be required to show this documentation before entering Japan.
- Departure Ticket - Show customs officials that before your visa expires, you plan to leave Japan.
- Payment Method - We accept PayPal and major credit/debit cards like Visa and Mastercard.
Get an e-Visa for Japan as a Citizen of New Zealand
We hope have a great time in Japan. Go ahead and bookmark this page so you can come back and apply for your e-Visa for Japan in April 2020.