As a citizen of Norway, you may need a visa to travel to Japan. Starting in April 2020, Japan's government will start approving e-Visa applications. The e-Visa, or “electronic visa”, system will make traveling simpler for foreign nationals to get a visa from anywhere and with any device.
So, whether you’re going for the 2020 Olympics or simply to explore Tokyo or the Japanese countryside, we can help you get your e-Visa faster and just as securely.
Frequently Asked Questions | Japan e-Visa: Norway
The Japan e-Visa program begins in April 2020. The Q&As below are based on typical visa rules and regulations.
Do I need a visa to enter Japan?
If you are from Norway, you may not need a visa for a short trip to Japan. However, depending on the reason you’re going to Japan, you may still have to get an e-Visa to stay in the country for longer periods of time or for reasons other than a personal holiday.
What is the cost of a visa for Japan?
The cost of a Japanese e-Visa depends on which visa type and processing speed you choose. Typically, visas can cost from $6 USD to $150 USD based on your nationality and your reasons for going to Japan.
How long does it take to process a Japan e-Visa?
We offer Standard, Rush, and Super Rush processing. Once the e-Visa program begins in 2020, your online e-Visa application could take two weeks or less to process. The processing time will depend on what Japan’s government requires.
How long can I stay in Japan with an e-Visa?
Every visa has a maximum number of days it can be used while you’re in Japan. For the Japan e-Visa, it depends on which visa type you choose. You may be able to stay up to 90 days, or you may have a visa that allows you to stay 6 months or more in the country.
When will my Japan e-Visa expire?
Be sure your vacation dates align with your visa expiration date. Most Japanese visas will be good for up to 90 days from the date of issuance.
What do I need to apply for an e-Visa online for Japan?
Citizens of Norway applying for a Japan e-Visa will need the following for the application and to enter Japan:
- Passport - Your passport needs to remain valid for at least another 6 months, and you will need two blank pages for stamping.
- Color Passport Photo - You will need to provide a recent color passport photo (not black and white).
- Financial Ability - You’ll need to prove that you have the means to take care of yourself while in Japan.
- Lodging Information - Have you got a place to stay? You’ll be required to show this documentation before entering Japan.
- Departure Ticket - Show customs officials that before your visa expires, you plan to leave Japan.
- Payment Method - We accept PayPal and major credit/debit cards like Visa and Mastercard.
Get an e-Visa for Japan as a Citizen of Norway
Planning a trip across the world is a lot of work. Let iVisa help you make it easier by applying for an e-Visa online, which will save you time and money in the long run.
Have a wonderful time in Japan!