IMPORTANT: CURRENTLY WE DO NOT OFFER THIS EVISA. STAY TUNED, BECAUSE IT WILL BE AVAILABLE SOON.
More than 11,000 athletes from 206 nations, 33 different sports, 16 days full of adrenaline... don't miss out for the troubles of going to the embassy! iVisa makes a heroic entrance to help you get ready for this trip!
If you're heading to Tokyo's Summer Olympics 2020 and you're from Ecuador, you'll need a visa to enter Japan. Fortunately, you will be able to take advantage of Japan's eVisa program starting in April 2020. Instead of going to the embassy or consulate, this electronic visa program will let you get your travel visa online.
Frequently Asked Questions | 2020 Tokyo Olympics eVisa: Ecuador
Do I need a visa for Japan for the Olympic Games?
After the government of Japan launches this program, an eVisa will be required for many people to travel to the Games. Citizens of Ecuador will most likely need an eVisa to travel to Japan.
How long does it take to get an eVisa for Japan for the 2020 Olympics?
Residents of Ecuador can choose from three processing speeds; select the right one based on how fast you want your eVisa to arrive.
- Standard processing
- Rush processing
- Super Rush processing
In less than a week or two, most eVisas will be available. If you go to the consulate for a visa, you will likely need to wait much longer to have your visa processed.
What is the cost of a 2020 Summer Olympics visa?
For citizens of Ecuador, the cost of your eVisa to Tokyo depends on two things: the speed you select during checkout, and type of entry you choose too.
Visas can generally cost anywhere from $6 USD to $150 USD. Japan will change the visa fees on April.
With the Japan eVisa, how many times can I enter and exit the country?
Regular Japanese visas allow: single, double or multiple entry. When the eVisa program is launched, the same types of entry options will most likely be available.
- Single entry: you can enter the country only once.
- Double entry: allows two entries
- Multiple entry: allows you to enter the country as many times as you like within the duration period of your visa.
When does the eVisa expire?
If you're going to Japan for the 2020 Olympics, you will receive a tourist visa valid for three months from the time it's issued. So you’ll need to make sure you enter the country during that validity period.
Multiple entry visas may last you from 1 to 5 years.
How long can I stay in Japan with this eVisa?
Single entry tourist visas have a duration of up to 90 days from the time you enter the country. You can stay in Japan for more than 90 days if you have the option of a multiple entry visa.
What documents do I need to apply for an eVisa for the Olympics?
Citizens of Ecuador will need the following to apply for a visa online:
- Passport - Your passport must remain valid for at least another 6 months, with 2 blank pages available for stamping.
- Recent Photo - You must have a recent passport-sized color photo for your visa.
- Return Ticket - You must provide proof that you will be returning back home.
- Proof of Funds - You will need to provide a document showing you have enough funds to get you through your short-term stay in the country.
- Proof of Accommodation - You can either provide proof of reservation from a hotel, lodge, or resort, or an invitation letter and proof that your host will provide accommodation for you during the Olympics. They will also need to provide their permanent residence ID information.
2020 Japan Summer Olympics | eVisa for Citizens of Ecuador
Be sure to bookmark this page so you can come back in April 2020 to get your eVisa online. It will be a popular visa program, so the earlier the better.
iVisa has served thousands of satisfied customers over the years. If you need any help, you can contact us here. We will happily help you with any question!
Enjoy your trip to see the 2020 Summer Olympic Games.