For Mauritius citizens going to Jordan for tourism, you should get a Jordan Pass. Like a visa, the Jordan Pass allows you to enter the country as a foreign national. But, unlike a visa, it allows you to also enter into almost 40 UNESCO World Heritage and culturally significant Jordan sites.
You can get a Jordan Pass by filling out a secure application online in just a few minutes from your phone, computer, or tablet.
The Jordan Pass | Common Questions & Answers
Can I get into Jordan with a Jordan Pass or do I need a visa?
The Jordan Pass has a QR code that will be scanned to allow your entry into Jordan at the border, so you do not need a visa.
How long can I stay in Jordan with one of these passes?
You will be able to stay in Jordan for up to 30 days Per Entry with the Jordan Pass. This means you must leave before this allotted time is reached.
Do I need to provide information to get a Pass?
Yes. For a Jordan Pass, you’ll need your:
- Identification Card - You’ll need to provide a scanned copy of your national identity card and passport.
- Travel Plans - Prove that you will be leaving Jordan before the end date of your Pass.
- Payment Method - Paypal, MasterCard, Visa, and other major credit cards are accepted.
What are the different processing times for a Jordan Pass?
- Standard Processing takes no more than 3 Business Days to process.
- Rush Processing will take a maximum of 2 Business Days to complete your application process.
- Super Rush Processing which will process your application within 1 Business Day.
The Jordan Pass has how many entries?
You will have Single Entry into Jordan with a Jordan Pass.
Single-entry passes are passes that allow the holder one entry into a country.
What is the Jordan Pass expiration date?
Your Jordan Pass will cease to be valid 1 year after issued. So be sure to use the Pass before it expires.
Which sites can I visit for free with the Jordan Pass?
- Umm Ar-Rasas (UNESCO World Heritage site)
- Umm Qays Museum
- Umm al-Jimmal
- Shobak Castle
- Museum of Popular Traditions - Amman
- Jordan Archaeological Museum
- Aqaba Museum
- Madaba Archaeological Museum
- As-Salt Museum
- Petra (UNESCO World Heritage site)
- Wadi Rum (UNESCO World Heritage site)
- Amman Citadel
- Ajloun Castle
- Umm Qays
- Qasr Al-Azraq
- Quseir Amra (UNESCO World Heritage site)
- Karak Castle
- St. Elijah’s Hill (Tal Mar Elias)
- Dar Al-Saraya Museum - Irbid
- Karak Museum
- Iraq Al-Amir
- Qasr Al-Kharranah
- Roman Theatre Amman
- Qasr Al-Mushatta
- Qasr Hamman Al-Sarh
- As-Salt Historical Museum
- Madaba Archaeological Park
- Church of the Apostles
- Burnt Palace - Madaba
- Lowest Place on Earth Museum
- Aqaba Castle
- Rehab / Al-Mafraq
How much is this Jordan Pass?
The prices below reflect the combined cost of the application and the pass itself:
- Standard - USD 158.00
- Rush - USD 178.00
- Super Rush - USD 198.00
Will I be asked to show my Mauritius ID or passport at each site?
Not only must you show your Jordan Pass at each site, you’ll have to show your national ID for verification.
Citizens of Mauritius - Online Jordan Pass Application
Residents of Mauritius now have an alternative option for a visa for Jordan. The Jordan Pass is the ultimate document for seeing as much of Jordan as you can.
So if you can spare at least 3 nights to stay in Petra and Jordan, you should get the Pass.