For Canadians wanting to travel to Kenya, a special Kenya transit visa may be required. Transit visas are temporary documents that allow you to leave the airport if you plan on being in Kenya for no more than 72 hours. If you will be staying at the airport to catch a connecting flight and will not be leaving the port of entry, you do not need a transit visa.
Canadian citizens who do require a Kenya transit visa will soon be able to apply for one on iVisa’s easy-to-use site. At the moment, we offer eVisas for Canadians wanting to travel to Kenya and are constantly updating our website to offer robust solutions for your visa needs.
Requirements for Kenya Transit Visa for Canadians
What is great about traveling from Canada to Kenya is that transit visas do not take a whole lot of time and effort to apply for online.
A Kenya transit visa requires the following information and documents:
- Valid Passport - Your Canadian national passport must be valid for another 6 months from the date of your arrival in Kenya.
- Passport photo - In order to apply for a Kenya transit visa, you will need a clear photo of you, preferably taken within the past six months.
- Onward ticket - Since you will only be staying in Kenya less than 72 hours, you will need proof that you are traveling to another destination.
- Email address - All iVisa users need a valid email address to receive their eVisas and transit visas that you will show during your visa interview.
- Payment option - It is easy to pay on iVisa’s secure site. We accept the following methods: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and PayPal.
Once you arrive at the port of arrival in Kenya, you will want to show a printed, or digital copy of your Kenya transit visa as well as your onward ticket information.
It is easy to apply online through our simple application form. Over 11,000 reviews from satisfied customers prove that we make it really easy as long as you meet the requirements for travel to Kenya from Canada.
Fast eVisa for Kenya
Our eVisa program allows Canadian citizens to stay in Kenya for up to 90 days for tourism and visits and is valid as long as you travel to Kenya within three months after issuance. Conducting business, studying at a school, and working in Kenya are not allowed with an eVisa, per legal restrictions of the Kenyan government.
You will not find any faster, more friendly private visa service provider than iVisa. We have a 100% money-back guarantee if you are not satisfied. But, we know you will be. We are confident that in using our services to apply for a Kenya transit visa in the future as a Canadian, you will be so pleased that you will want to recommend iVisa to a friend!
If you have further questions, feel free to quickly chat with one of our agents by clicking on our Live Chat link in the bottom right-hand corner.