As an Indian citizen, you need a Kenya Transit visa if you are connecting through Kenya and do not plan to stay in the country for more than 72 hours. However, if you do not wish to leave the airport, you are not required to apply for such a document. iVisa can help you get your transit visa should you need it, but that is as soon as the visa is available on our website.
What will you need?
As soon as the Kenya Transit visa for Indian citizens goes live on iVisa, you will not need much for a successful application process. All you are required to provide is the following:
- Passport – all applicants must hold a valid passport. Also, the document needs to maintain its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Kenya. Ensure that the passport has at least one blank page.
- Photo – make sure that the picture is as recent as possible, preferably taken in the last 6 months.
- Onward ticket – this proves that you are just connecting through Kenya.
- E-mail address – since iVisa will send you the Kenya Transit visa via e-mail, you need to provide us with an address which you have access to.
- Means of payment – the payment must be made online, but iVisa accepts multiple methods. Credit or debit cards are allowed, but feel free to use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat.
Kenya Transit visa for Indian citizens – the online form
After you notice that you have everything that you need, you can proceed to fill in the application form. It should not take you more than 20 minutes, but if you find yourself in need of assistance, iVisa provides fantastic customer support. The service is free of charge and available 24/7.
You need to go through three steps. The first one requires you to provide your personal information such as name, address, passport info, date of birth, and so on. The form also asks you to select a processing time at this point but you need to remember that your selection determines the cost of your Kenya Transit visa. You will be able to choose between three options: Standard, Rush, and Super Rush. Since the visa is not yet available so we cannot give you the costs for each option, however, we can guarantee that iVisa ensures affordable fees.
The second step wants you to make the payment and revise your application form. It is absolutely essential that your form does not contain typos. Otherwise, you will receive an invalid visa, and that only compels you to repeat the process. Plus, corrections are impossible to make once the application reaches the processing stage.
Lastly, the third step is all about documents upload. The application needs its supporting documents. For instance, this step will require you to scan your passport’s information page. iVisa will let you know if additional documentation is needed. Once you are done with that last step as well, all that is left for you to do is to submit your application and wait. iVisa will take over from that point on.
The bottom line is that once it goes live, a Kenya Transit visa for Indian citizens will be easy to obtain. Your effort will be minimal, and iVisa will be by your side every step of the way.