Most nationalities in the world can travel to Kenya with an electronic visa, and Chinese citizens are among them. So, instead of going to the embassy for your travel document, you can apply for a Kenya visa online. iVisa can help with the application process so that you can get your e-visa in just 2 hours.
Kenya Visa for Chinese citizens – requirements
As you can imagine, a set of requirements is in place, and you need to go over it one by one. For a successful application process, we suggest that you first put together everything necessary, and only then you move on to the application form. You will need the following:
- Valid passport – you cannot apply for a Kenya visa online unless you are a passport holder. Furthermore, the passport needs to maintain its validity for at least another 6 months from the arrival date in Kenya.
- A scan of your passport’s information page – you will have to upload it at some point during the application process.
- A digital photo of yourself – you need to make sure that the picture is taken as recently as possible.
- A return flight ticket – this just ensures the immigration officers that you plan to not overstay your visa.
- Proof of accommodation – this can either be a hotel booking or an invitation letter from your host in Kenya.
- Travel itinerary – this does not have to include every little activity you will do while in Kenya. Just the cities you plan to visit.
- E-mail address – the [Kenya visa] arrives via e-mail in PDF format, and you need to print it out.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts multiple methods of payment. You can use a credit/debit card, PaypPl, Alipay, or WeChat.
Kenya Visa for Chinese citizens – processing time and fees
The amount of money you have to spend on your Kenya visa depends on the processing time option you select when you fill in the application form. iVisa gives you three choices so that you can opt for the one that is most convenient for you. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – this is the slowest option you have at hand, but most people go for it because it is also the cheapest. Your application is processed within 5 business days, and the cost is $88.
- Rush processing – this time, things move a little bit faster. You receive your Kenya Visa within 2 days since you submit your application. You are charged $118 for this option.
- Super Rush processing – this is the fastest option you can choose, but the most expensive as well. Your request is processed within just 2 hours, but the price goes as high as $153.
The application form
After you put together everything necessary for the application process, you can proceed to fill in the application form. This task should take about 20 minutes of your time, but if you need assistance, you can contact iVisa’s customer support for help. The service is open 24/7 and free of charge.
The form consists of three steps. The first one requires general information, but you also have to choose a processing time for your application. The second step wants you to handle the payment and review your form so that it does not contain mistakes, while the third expects you to upload the documents that support your application. When you are done, submit your request, and iVisa will handle everything that comes after.
The bottom line is that a Kenya Visa for Chinese citizens is easy to obtain when you apply with iVisa. The e-visa is valid for 90 days since issue, it grants a single entry and you can stay in Kenya for a maximum of 90 days since arrival.