Most nationalities in the world can travel to Kenya with an electronic visa, and Chinese citizens are no exception. So, instead of going to the embassy for your travel document, you can apply for a Kenya visa online and save a lot of time. iVisa can help with the application process, leaving you stress free. Not to mention that you can get your e-visa in just 2 hours .
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is a Kenyan e-Visa?
An e-Visa is an authorization document that gives you the possibility to enter a Kenyan entry point.
What are the requirements to obtain a Kenya Visa for Chinese citizens?
Like any e-Visa process, a set of requirements are necessary. We advice you not to rush things and go through them one by one. For a successful application process, it's important to first put together everything necessary, and only then, move on to the application form. You will need the following:
- Valid passport – you cannot apply for a Kenya visa online unless you have a valid passport. Furthermore, the passport needs to stay valid for at least another 6 months from the arrival date in Kenya.
- A scan of your passport’s information page – you will have to upload it at some point during the application process.
- A digital photo of yourself – you need to make sure that the picture is as recent as possible.
- A return flight ticket – this just assures the immigration officers that you do not plan to overstay your visa.
- Proof of accommodation – this can either be a hotel booking or an invitation letter from your host (e.g. friend/family) in Kenya.
- Travel itinerary – this doesn't have to include every little activity you will do during your trip. Just the cities you plan to visit.
- E-mail address – the [Kenya visa] arrives via e-mail in PDF format, you are going to need to print it out.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts multiple methods of payment like credit/debit card, PaypPl, Alipay, or WeChat.
What are the processing times and fees to get a Kenyan e-Visa?
The amount of money you will spend on your Kenya visa depends on the processing time option you choose when you fill in the application form. iVisa gives you three choices so that you can decide which one suits you the most. They're as follows:
- Standard processing – even thought this is the slowest option out there it is also the cheapest! Your application is processed within 5 business days, and the cost is USD 88.00.
- Rush processing – this one moves a little bit faster. You receive your Kenya Visa within 2 business days since you submit your application. And for the change in speed you are charged USD 118.00.
- Super Rush processing – needed it as fast as possible? This is the option for you! And even though it's the most expensive option, it's also the fastest. Your request is processed within just 2 hours, but the price goes as high as USD 153.00.
What are the steps for the application form?
After you put together everything needed for the application process, you can fill in the application form. This task should only take you about 20 minutes, but in case of assistance, you can contact iVisa’s customer support for help. The service is open 24/7 and is free of charge.
The form consists of three steps.
- The first one requires your general information. In this step, you also have to choose the processing time for your application.
- The second step is in charge of the payment. Remember iVisa accepts different means of payment you can choose from. This step also reviews your form so that it does not contain any mistakes.
- The third asks you to upload the documents that support your application.
When you are done, submit your request, and iVisa will handle everything else.
How long does the Kenya e-Visa is valid for?
The Kenya e-Visa is valid for 90 days after issued. In the case that you need or want an extension you can apply for such extension at the immigration headquarters in Nairobi. Remember that the maximum days you could stay as a visitor is 6 months.
Is the Kenya e-Visa valid for a single or multiple entries?
The Kenya e-Visa is ONLY valid for a single entry. If you want to visit Kenya on another occasion, you do have to apply once again as the e-Visa you issued before is already used.
Do I need to get vaccinated to visit Kenya?
To find more information about this inquiry, we advice you to go here: http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/destinations/traveler/none/kenya
Where can I have more information?
Do you need more doubts? Click here to get all the information you need.
The bottom line is that a Kenya Visa for Chinese citizens is easy to obtain when you apply with iVisa. We'll help you with the stressful processes and leave you with just the planing of a adventurous trip. Don't doubt it! Have an experience of a lifetime and give us the chance to make that possible!