According to Kenya’s visa policy, Italian citizens are no longer required to obtain a consular visa if they travel to Kenya for tourism purposes. As an Italian, you can apply for a Kenya visa online. If you use the service rendered by iVisa, the travel document can be ready for use in just a couple of hours.
Kenya Visa for Italian citizens – the requirements
The first thing you have to do is to put together a set of documents and information that are required for a successful application process. However, you should not go through too much trouble to acquire them. Here is what you need:
- Passport – you cannot go through the online application process if you do not have a valid passport. Kenya’s visa policy also requires that the document has at least another 6 months of validity at the time of your arrival.
- A copy of your passport’s info page – you need to scan it and upload when iVisa asks that of you.
- Digital photo of yourself – you need to ensure that the picture follows all the guidelines for a valid passport photo.
- Return flight ticket – this serves as proof that you will return to your home country before your Kenya visa expires.
- Proof of accommodation – a hotel booking confirmation or a letter of invitation from friends/family will suffice.
- Travel itinerary – make sure to include the cities you are planning to visit.
- E-mail address – iVisa will send you the electronic visa via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print out the document before departure.
- Means of payment – iVisa takes multiple methods of payment so that you can use the one that is most convenient for you. You can pay with a credit/debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat will work as well.
Kenya Visa for Italian citizens – the online application form
As soon as you have everything you need, you can go ahead and access the application page. There, you will be able to fill in the application form. Remember that if you need some help with it or have some questions, iVisa’s customer support can be reached non-stop and does not charge.
iVisa broke down the form into three simple steps. Step number one covers the general information about yourself and your trip, but it also makes you choose a processing time for your application so that the cost of your Kenya visa can be established. You are given three options:
- Standard processing – most applicants go for this option because it is the least expensive. Your application is processed within 5 business days, and you have to pay $88.
- Rush processing – if you want things to move a bit faster, you can opt for this one. You receive your Kenya visa within 2 business days, and you are charged $118.
- Super Rush processing – this is the most expensive option you can select. However, you receive your travel document within just 2 hours. The fee, however, is $153.
The second step wants you to cover the payment and review your form. It is important that you provide only accurate information. Otherwise, your visa will become invalid. And finally, the third step requires you to upload the supporting documents of your applications. When you are done, hit the submit button and iVisa takes care of the rest.
What is important to remember from all this is that Italian citizens have an easy time obtaining a Kenya visa. The document maintains its validity for 90 days since the date of issue, and you can use it for a single entry. Once you arrive in Kenya, you are granted a stay of maximum 90 days. You can request one extension.