The citizens of Jordan, the same as many other nationalities, are given the opportunity to apply online for a Kenya visa. As a Jordanian, you qualify for an electronic visa, which means that you can avoid an embassy altogether. Instead, you can use the services provided by iVisa and have your travel document in as little as 2 hours.
Kenya Visa for Jordanian citizens – requirements
You will be happy to learn that the requirements for a Kenya visa are nothing out of the ordinary. You should have an easy time acquiring them. With that being said, here is what you need for a successful application process:
- Passport – you cannot go through the online application process if you do not have a valid passport. Kenya’s visa policy also requires that the document has at least another 6 months of validity at the time of your arrival.
- A copy of your passport’s info page – you need to scan it and upload when iVisa asks that of you.
- Digital photo of yourself – you need to ensure that the picture follows all the guidelines for a valid passport photo.
- Return flight ticket – this serves as proof that you will return to your home country before your Kenya visa expires.
- Proof of accommodation – a hotel booking confirmation or a letter of invitation from friends/family will suffice.
- Travel itinerary – make sure to include the cities you are planning to visit.
- E-mail address – iVisa will send you the electronic visa via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print out the document before departure.
- Means of payment – iVisa takes multiple methods of payment so that you can use the one that is most convenient for you. You can pay with a credit/debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat will work as well.
Kenya Visa for Jordanian citizens – the online application form
We will describe, shortly, the application form so that you know what to expect when you access the application page. But first, we want you to know that iVisa’s customer support is at your disposal 24/7. It can be reached via online chat or phone and does not charge.
When you go to the application page, you will notice that the form is divided into three stages. The first stage wants you to provide information about yourself and your trip, but you also have to select a processing time for your application. Remember that the cost of your Kenya visa depends on the choice you make. Here are your options:
- Standard processing – most applicants go for this option because it is the least expensive. Your application is processed within 5 business days, and you have to pay $88.
- Rush processing – if you want things to move a bit faster, you can opt for this one. You receive your Kenya visa within 2 business days, and you are charged $118.
- Super Rush processing – this is the most expensive option you can select. However, you receive your travel document within just 2 hours. The fee, however, is $153.
The second stage covers payment and revision. As for the latter, it is essential that the information you provide when you fill in the form is not erred. Otherwise, iVisa will send you an invalid visa based on that information and you have to repeat the process for a new e-visa.
Finally, the third stage is the moment when iVisa requires you to upload some documents that support your application. As soon as that is over, you can submit your request. iVisa will handle the bureaucracy that follows.
What you need to understand is that Jordanian citizens have easy access to a Kenya visa. The e-visa is valid for 3 months since issuance, it grants a single entry, and it allows its holder to stay in Kenya for a period that cannot exceed 90 days.