According to Kenya’s visa policy, almost all nationalities in the world that are not visa exempt can travel to Kenya with an electronic visa. As an Austrian citizen, you have access to an e-visa as well. All you have to do is to apply online using iVisa’s services, and the travel document can be yours in just 2 hours.
Kenya Visa for the citizens of Austria – the requirements
Before you start the online application process, you need to put together a set of required documents and information. Chances are that you already have some of them. Here is what you will need:
- Valid passport – you cannot apply for a Kenya visa online unless you are a passport holder. Furthermore, the passport needs to maintain its validity for at least another 6 months from the arrival date in Kenya.
- A scan of your passport’s information page – you will have to upload it at some point during the application process.
- A digital photo of yourself – you need to make sure that the picture is taken as recently as possible.
- A return flight ticket – this just ensures the immigration officers that you plan to not overstay your visa.
- Proof of accommodation – this can either be a hotel booking or an invitation letter from your host in Kenya.
- Travel itinerary – this does not have to include every little activity you will do while in Kenya. Just the cities you plan to visit.
- E-mail address – the Kenya visa arrives via e-mail in PDF format, and you need to print it out.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts multiple methods of payment. You can use a credit/debit card, PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat.
Kenya Visa for the citizens of Austria – processing time and fees
The cost of your Kenya visa depends on the processing time option you select during the application process. iVisa came up with three of them so that you can choose the one that best suits your needs and budget. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – this is the slowest option you have at hand, but most people go for it because it is also the cheapest. Your application is processed within 5 business days, and the cost is $88.
- Rush processing – this time, things move a little bit faster. You receive your Kenya Visa within 2 days since you submit your application. You are charged $118 for this option.
- Super Rush processing – this is the fastest option you can choose, but the most expensive as well. Your request is processed within just 2 hours, but the price goes as high as $153.
The online application form
To know what to expect when you fill in the application form, we will give you a short description of all three steps. However, if you need some help at any point, you can contact iVisa’s customer support. The service can be reached via online chat and phone 24/7, and it is entirely free of charge.
The first step of the form asks that you provide general information about yourself, as well as about your trip. This is also the moment when you need to make a choice of processing time. The second step consists of payment and review, while the third requires you to upload the supporting documents of your application. After you complete the three steps, all that is left for you to do is to submit your request. iVisa will take it from there.
As you can see, the citizens of Austria can acquire a Kenya visa with ease. iVisa handles all the bureaucracy so that you do not have to. The document you receive is valid for 90 days since issue, this is a single-entry visa and it allows you to stay in Kenya for up to 90 days. You can request an extension.